R&D Engineer / Thermal and CFD simulations / Electric Machines
Siemens provides answers to the toughest questions: we build infrastructure where there is no infrastructure. We energize the world, help industries run smoothly and create the digital tomorrow. The Corporate Technology team is developing components for electrified aviation, where the projects provide significant added value activities.
What kind of tasks will you have?
- Topic: Thermal and Flow calculations, simulations, analysis, design and development of Battery Systems for electric aircrafts
- Carry out 1D simulation and calculation of different cooling concept approaches for custom Battery System specifications
- Create Thermal-Flow simulations with STAR-CCM+
- Optimize the performance based on parametric design studies
- Study steady and transient behaviour of Battery Systems
- Validate the simulations with experiments and measurements and implement those in the research and development process
- Analytical calculations and supporting measurements and simulations
What makes you stand out?
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering specialized in Thermal and Fluid Mechanics or related fields
- More than 2 years of experience in R&D with CFD and Design
- Experience in coupled thermal-flow simulations
- Experience in thermal and flow measurements
- Hungarian and English on a conversational level is a must and German is an advantage
What do we consider as an advantage?
- Enthusiasm about scientific research
- Interest and knowledge about aircrafts and electric propulsion systems
- Publication and participation in scientific conferences, journals
- Good problem-solving capabilities
- Matlab or Python skills for analytical calculations and post processing measurements
- Knowledge of Battery Systems
- Experience in using AMESIM or other 1D simulation tool
We provide a competitive benefit package and a modern, international work environment, we are respectful inclusive and diverse. We worship performance, celebrate individual contributions and different ways of thinking.
Job ID: 70675
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time