Flender is an independent company within Siemens, that for over 120 years is the market leader for Industrial Gear Units and Couplings, a field more familiarly called Mechanical Power Transmission.
Being a market leader in Mechanical Power Transmission Technology, means we are always in the cutting edge of technology and the application of the technology itself. Highly qualified and dedicated employees have always been the key to our innovative strength and productive capacity. But they are also the basis of our special consulting expertise, which is supported by a virtually unlimited portfolio.
Our ability to competently advise our customers with a view to their individual requirements rests on our extensive application know-how and our decades-long experience in many sectors of industry and raw materials extraction.
The Service Technician performs planned and unplanned maintenance including troubleshooting and replacement of parts if necessary in a safe and professional manner on gear boxes. Detailed records and parts used must be completed for all work performed. Technicians report to service management and communicate needs and or safety issues to site management. Perform first class work on preventive maintenances to be completed on time and right the first time.
- Installation, commissioning, inspection, troubleshooting and servicing of gear boxes
- Perform, with the use of mechanical drawings, schematics and plans, mechanical and electrical repairs of gear boxes and other components
- Work with shop machines and hand tools
- Communicate in a team, to the site lead and colleagues, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, improvements and other work-related information.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently
- Provide excellent service to our customers
- Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records using the Microsoft Office suite
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Must have minimum of 6 months training in a mechanical, industrial or marine field
- Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
- Flexible travel schedules up to 90% travel overseas
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
- Work in varying temperature conditions
- Flexibility to work outside planned hours, including evenings and weekends as needed
- Fluent English speaker
Job ID: 71058
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Flender Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time