Steam Turbine Domain Leads
Organization: Siemens limited – PG SU R&D IST LCM
Mode of employment: Full time only
Mode of employment: Full time only
What are my responsibilities?
Projct Lead /Design Lead/Mechanics Lead
1. Responsible for coordinating all the design and development activities throughout the product development process and ensure that the project Technical and Financial Health is maintained.
3. Responsible to coordinate among all cross functional teams / Internal customers to ensure that Market requirement gets converted into final product in desired time frame .
4. Ensure that the final design meet full spectrum of design requirements (functionality, robustness, cost effectiveness, manufacturing ﹠ technology, assembly and service)
5. Knowledge of product development process of a product.
6. Knowledge of Quality Management system
Apart from the above experience in one following core Domain :
1. Ensure that Design activities completed using best practices of designing, modeling and drafting - Proficient in preparing and reviewing assembly drawings, detailed drawings, manufacturing sketches, layouts as per standards requirement and creation of Bill of materials
2. Responsible for providing R&D support to Shop /site for evaluation of non-conformance reports and defines further measures & Troubleshooting for manufacturing deviations and site issues.
3. Responsible for providing R&D support to Proposal team for bidding purposes as and when needed.
1. Responsible to ensure that all necessary mechanical integrity checks are identified and performed as per best practices. Hands-on experience of using Abaqus / Ansys).
- Responsible for performing FE analysis and calculation on steam turbine components as per Siemens rules and tools.
- Able to conduct static, transient, linear, nonlinear, fatigue (LCF/HCF), thermal analyses as per requirement
- Perform verification of FE analysis using hand calculation and other analytical methods.
- Interpret results and provide design change solution and optimize the design.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- BE / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- >8 years’ prior experience in R&D / Engineering preferably in Steam Turbine industry.
- +3 Years of experience of leading projects as PL at all phases of product development cycle and +5 Yrs Experiance as lead in core domain.
- Project Management ceriification would be considered as added advantage.
- Sound Technical knowhow of Steam turbine Design, thermodynamic behavior, mechanical integrity requirements and product functionality.
- Along with Project lead experience must have solid foundation in one core domain - Design , Mechanics or Thermodynamics
- Knowledge of Design Tools like ProE, AutoCAD, NX, and systems like SAP, Team Center /Mechanics software’s / Thermodynamic software’s.
- Hands on experience of creating 3D assemblies / Models / Drawings / SAP
- Hands on experience of FEA to evaluate Product Integrity and Mechanical behavior of static and rotating components.
- Hands-on experience of critical shop and site product deviations.
- Innovative thinking and problem solving skills
- What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities with in which we work. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
Please find more information on our organization at: www.siemens.com/energy
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 71299
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time