R&D SU Software developer
Mode of employment: Full time only
What are my responsibilities?
- Development, programming, maintenance, enhancement and evolution of technical software (main users: R&D, Proposal and Engineering) as part of Power and Gas Products R&D for Steam Turbines
- Evaluation, review and usage of specifications and other technical documents, e.g. design philosophy, purchasing specification, working specification, drawings, BOM, check lists, manufacturing data, standard part calculations and component description.
- Identification and definition of specific functional and non-functional requirements for technical software. Requirements engineering needs to be aligned with product and component owners. A good technical understanding of the relevant product portfolio and it's further development is obligatory.
- Rendering of development documentation, comprehensively commented source code and user documentation/manuals for software and tools in responsibility aligned by preparation of user trainings on as-needed basis.
- Consulting of internal customers / user groups in relation to requirement enhancements during development or productive use of specific technical software
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree of mechanical engineering with the focus on turbo machinery or design engineering (Bachelor, Master)
- Good knowledge of steam turbine technology and Siemens Power & Gas product portfolio for industrial application as well as basic physics and process knowledge for improved communication with user groups (R&D, Proposal, Engineering)
- Good knowledge and practical experience in the area of software development (Programming, data handling, testing, maintenance, evolution and documentation)
- Basic or enhanced knowledge of requirements engineering for software development
- English (speaking, reading, writing) for daily use - especially technical content
- Ability to work in global and virtual teams. Flexibility for traveling (e.g. Europe) according to business needs.
- Willingness to share knowledge and experiences with all team members
- High level of creativity and own initiative in relation to support, consulting and solution support with internal customers and user groups
- Knowledge and applied experiences in
- - Fortran programming
- - state-of-the-art programming languages (C++, C#, Python)
- - state-of-the-art development environment (Surround SCM, Visual Studio, Bug tracking and Ticketing tools)
- - Software Development Process (Scrum, Agile)
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities with in which we work. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
Please find more information on our organization at: www.siemens.com/energy
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 71306
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time