Job title: Configuration Management
Real trendsetters in every language
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution Emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Creation of a new Continuous Integration environment for the individual project team, including full automated build, unit-test, static code analysis etc.
- Drive the CI lead-time down by optimizing the build chain and introducing massive parallel computing. Work in close corporation with the product architects.
- Together with the team find the state of the art SW tools and make the decision proposals and implement these tools and carry out introduction and training, allowing development projects to move faster.
- Act as the technical expert across multiple development projects helping them in keeping their delivery pipeline running. The projects range from deeply embedded controllers over large SCADA server systems to central fleet management systems
- Identify & Define enterprise wide tooling for Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) & create Pipeline for products into the CI environment
- Managing, building, configuring, administering, operating and maintaining all components that comprise the CI/CD environment
- Bring in Industry standard methodologies in DevOps & Develop Plugins using Perl/Python
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Engineering graduate with 3+ years of experience in Build release and Configuration Management
- At least year of experience in setting up Continuous Integration delivery pipeline
- Expert in Environment Automation of Software Configuration Management / Change Management practices
- Hands on experience in scripting language (e.g. PERL, Python, PowerShell)
- Expert level knowledge of source control management systems (e.g. TFS, Clear case administration, Subversion etc...)
- Expert knowledge of build automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Teamcity, TFS etc…)
- Strong database skills (SQL server, MySQL, MS Access, Postgres)
- Experience scripting, VMware, Mercurial, SonarQube etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Job ID: 71647
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time