Executive / Senior Executive - R&D
- To design new products of traction power Electronics Segment in line with market requirement.
- Engineering of Traction Converters and Auxiliary converters (Locomotive, EMU, Metro)
- To design traction converters scheme, generating components specification, components qualification.
- Conceptualise, design, cost & develop, and smooth introduction of new products in line with agreed plan, in order to meet the requirements specified by marketing.
- Initiate development on new technologies in line with business objectives
- Identify, plan, assess & monitor material cost reduction projects in order to bring down the product cost
- Establish & maintain documentation system for all design documents, standards, specifications in order to ensure any easy retrieval, updation and product quality
- Decisions on Deviations / alternate material in order to overcome production interruption.
- Vendor development in order to get quality goods in time
- Generate the concepts, design and Make Technical Offers.
- In case of order, develop, design to enable manufacturing in order to increase business volume and margins.
- To co-ordinate, guide intra and inter-departmental Product Development / Support Function Activities.
- Understanding & interpretation of technical requirements of product
- Understanding of electronic circuits (Digital electronics, analog electronics, signalling & communication, control electronics, basic power electronics)
- Development of test strategies, type testing
- Fault analysis
- Knowledge of FMEA technique
- Knowledge of type tests as per IEC requirements for traction application
- Project management e.g oPLM
- Basic level of commercial knowledge
- Knowledge of MS office tools, SAP/TC or similar
Desired Qualification & Experience
- BE/BTech - Electrical & Electronics, Electronics with 3 to 5 Yrs of experience.
- Industrial experience with competitors like M/s Medha, Autometers etc.
- In-Depth Knowledge of various electronic topologies required for Converters, Inverters,SMPS, DC/DC Converters & Battery Chargers.
- Good knowledge in Mathematical calculation and analysis.
- Hands-on experience in prototyping & validation of electronic circuits (Analog and controller based).
- Thorough understanding of various passive and active components - their characteristics & application, transformer, inductors, capacitors, thermal designs
- Knowledge of winding types & core materials for Inductors & transformers.
- Knowledge of analogue & digital circuit design, PWM Control.
- Basic knowledge of EMI/EMC, Grounding & Shielding and reliability engineering.
- Hands-on experience in design of converters, inverters & power supplies and Knowledge in product development processes are plus.
Job ID: 71654
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time