Technical Expert - Software Architecture(Java AWS)
With over 1,800 research operatives worldwide, the Corporate Technology department occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations.
- Provide technical leadership to the team, collaborators and customers.
- Develop strategies for risk mitigation, including risks associated with unstable requirements; Define, articulate and apply architectural principles and patterns; Perform architecture reviews and assessments.
- As a software architect, identify high-impact research topics in software architecture methods, tools, and trends.
- Assess current state of software quality and development efficiency of products developed by Siemens software divisions and appropriately, develop offerings including, offerings deck, best practices documents.
- Write papers for publication in journals and leading software engineering conferences.
Qualification: Bachelor or Masters degree or Ph.D in Computer Science or a related discipline
Experience: At least 8 to 12 years professional experience in architecting and developing software based solutions by applying state-of the-art technologies.
Key Competencies and Skill sets:
- Hands on in developing application using J2EE, Webservices, Spring framework
- Sound knowledge of developing platforms using Microservices Architecture and the ecosystem with cloud as backend.
- Proven experience in cloud infrastructure project deals for hands on migration to public clouds such as Azure / AWS
- AWS Architecture experience ideally with the appropriate vendor certification
- Expertise in Single Page Application (SPA) development using Angular or React. Sound knowledge of developing platforms using Microservices Architecture and the ecosystem with cloud as backend
- Strong understanding of cloud migration techniques (on premise to Cloud Platforms)
- Experience with source code management tools such as GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, including Confluence and JIRA
- Extensive knowledge about designing RESTful services and integrated with other providers
- A working understanding with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins , Chef , puppet , Ansible
- Hands on with Containerization technologies like Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, Azure Container service
- Ability to use wide variety of open source technologies
- Deep knowhow of all the flavors of cloud i.e. PaaS, IaaS and SaaS for public, private and hybrid cloud.
- Experience in architecting security architectures across infrastructure and applications
- Experience building and deploying multi-tier, scalable, and highly available applications using Database technologies
- Experience in performance tuning, including the following: (load balancing, web servers, content delivery Networks, Caching (Content and API)
- Experience in Software development using Agile methodologies
- Experience in using RDBMS , NoSQL data stores as persistant storage
- Experience in using and applying Architecture and Design patterns
- Strong in problem solving, communication and Social.
Job ID: 71938
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time