Lead Research Engineer - Parallel Computing
Digital Twin Computing Technology
Would you be intrigued by an opportunity to explore interesting and unusual ways to exercise your deep skills in computer science, especially for application to machine learning in simulations and industrial automation, Partial Differential Equation (PDE) solvers and hardware aware optimization of software? Are you also passionate about parallel and distributed computing? Join our research group to explore how to apply both these areas to digital twin technology and make a difference with your expertise.
Contribute with your insights into the workings of cutting edge and emerging computing hardware architectures and your solid knowledge/experience in software performance engineering. Apply your skills to optimize and accelerate data science and simulation algorithms such as in machine learning and artificial intelligence, purposed towards the rapidly emerging area of digital twin technology.
We make real what matters.
You will architect, design and develop prototypes and technology demonstrators with a very high quality to solve contemporary and emerging critical business challenges. Following are (but not limited to) your core business expectations:
- Demonstrate passion for deep understanding in state-of-the-art and emerging processing hardware especially in parallel and distributed computing, such as multicore processors and accelerators (CPUs, GPUs) and cutting-edge/emerging heterogenous systems: apply your specialized knowhow to empower software applications with maximum performance
- Interact with Siemens businesses to apply your business insights to the creation and technical advocacy of project proposals that deliver solutions to their critical technical problems through the adoption of cutting edge technology.
- Effectively execute projects from comprehensively analyzing requirements to rapidly designing and implementing solutions: develop high performance parallel and distributed computing algorithms and software from concept to realization, targeted to deliver solutions to Siemens business problems globally.
- Continuously hone and upgrade your skills in the constantly evolving technology world: create the future through intellectual property such as patents and publications in prestigious conferences and journals.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Keen interest and solid skill in high performance computing (parallel & distributed computing) and one or more data science technologies such as deep learning or data analytics, with a good understanding of software engineering methodologies
- You specifically have the following skills to make a difference to this role:
1. Excellent programming skills in C/C++, with a strong understanding of algorithms and data structures.
2. In-depth understanding of at least one of these technologies:
(a) multithreading/ multicore and programming with one or more programming models such as OpenMP, MPI, parallel programming using .NET, other threading models
(b) one or more profiling and tracing tools such as gprof, PAPI, others
3. A good understanding of computational linear algebra and/or other numerical methods
- Other skills for this role that could be a great plus are as follows:
1. Either work experience (preferable) or in-depth understanding of at least one of these hardware architectures: Intel Xeon Core series, NVidia Graphics Processor Units (GPUs), FPGAs, …
2. Experience with at least one of the accelerator languages such as CUDA or OpenCL.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms/frame works to design neural networks
- Knowledge of a statistical programming language such as R
Domain expertise that could be a further plus:
- Expertise in at least one of the domains such as Finite Element methods, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Image processing, Autonomous driving, Additive Manufacturing will be a big plus.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- While you are self-motivated and capable of working independently, you are also comfortable in teams
- You are an excellent collaborator, with a flair for maintaining and fostering customer relationships
- Bachelors/ Masters/ Ph.D. in Computer Science (or related fields)
- Demonstrated relevant work experience of 8 – 15+ years
- Technical papers at prestigious conferences and journals would be a plus
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: website and about Siemens careers at:
Job ID: 71980
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time