Lead Research Engineer - IoT and Parallel Computing
Would you be intrigued by an opportunity to explore interesting and unusual ways to exercise your deep skills in computer science? Are you also passionate about parallel and distributed computing? Join our research group to explore how to apply both these areas to digital twin technology and make a difference with your expertise.
Contribute with your insights into the workings of cutting edge and emerging computing hardware architectures and your solid knowledge/experience in software performance engineering and distributed computing. Apply your skills to optimize and accelerate data science and simulation algorithms such as in machine learning and artificial intelligence, purposed towards the rapidly emerging area of digital twin technology.
We make real what matters.
You will architect, design and develop prototypes and technology demonstrators with a very high quality to solve contemporary and emerging critical business challenges. Following are (but not limited to) your core business expectations:
- Demonstrate passion for writing high quality, clean and modular code.
- Should be able to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Effectively execute projects from comprehensively analyzing requirements to rapidly designing and implementing solutions: develop high performance parallel and distributed computing algorithms and software from concept to realization, targeted to deliver solutions to Siemens business problems globally
- Continuously hone and upgrade your skills in the constantly evolving technology world: create the future through intellectual property such as patents and publications in prestigious conferences and journals.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- You specifically have the following skills to make a difference to this role:
1. Must have excellent programming skills in Java, with a strong understanding of algorithms and data structures.
2. Must have experience in Spring framework.
3. Deep understanding of concurrency and multi-threading
4. Experience in java NIO
5. Experience in building and consuming RESTful services
6. Experience in unit testing frameworks like Junit and Mockito is highly desirable.
7. Experience in developing network application is highly desirable.
8. Experience in the field of distributed computing will be good to have.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- While you are self-motivated and capable of working independently, you are also comfortable in teams
- Bachelors/ Masters/ Ph.D. in Computer Science (or related fields)
- Demonstrated relevant work experience of 3 – 10 years
- Technical papers at prestigious conferences and journals would be a plus
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: Corporate Research, Siemens India website and about Siemens careers at:
Job ID: 71988
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time