Control Valve Engineer (4S - 305192)
Control Valve Engineer
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power & Gas
Position: Full- time
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
We bring power to the people. We create a future to live in with a broad spectrum of products and solutions for the environmentally-compatible and resource-saving generation of power.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Development of Control Valve Specifications
- Control Valves sizing and preparation of datasheets including steam conditioning valves.
- Preparation of Technical Purchase Specifications, Technical Queries and Technical Bid Evaluation.
- P&ID checking for correctness of system and material requirements
- MTO Processing & Evaluation, Material Control
Documentation and Record Keeping, Ability to check and review the work done by other team members
- Assures that quality control procedures are enforced for assigned work.
- Able to work in a team environment across multiple offices and work sites and demonstrate effective communication.
- Develops project standards for valves as needed with minimum supervision.
- Independently plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work in the control valve area.
- Preparation and administration of multiple project material requisitions for valve commodities.
- Participate in the supplier continuous improvement team programs
- Travel as required to job site, vendor facilities, and client offices to resolve problems and interpret drawings and documents.
- Has good knowledge of Code for Pressure Piping, ASME 31.1, ASME B16.34, ASTM/ASME Materials, ANSI, API standards & other reputed codes for valves design and applies these requirements on projects
- Ability to liase and participate in Factory Acceptance Tests at several International Supplier’s locations
- Sound knowledge of valve design and manufacturing processes would be an added advantage
- Special knowledge in Bypass stations, PRDS, Attemperators, Spray induced valves would be an added advantage
- Ability to prepare Valve BOQs, perform Design Review and interface between Design and Manufacturers (or Aggregators) is required on a day to day basis
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- BE/BTech/ MTech in Mechanical Engineering with ability to work independently.
- 15-25 years experience in Process/Mechanical Engineering holding individual contributor/Team Leader role/Senior Reviewer role
- Prior experience in Combine cycle
- Knowledge of HRSG, Steam & Water cycle or Cooling Water cycle
Knowledge We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 72187
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time