Project Field Engineer
We are on the lookout for 2 Project Field Engineers to join our High Accuracy Metering team. This is a field based role and therefore you can be based anywhere in the UK.
You will be responsible for the installation and commissioning of our metering
systems and typically these are located in transmission substations owned and
operated by our clients; National Grid or the DNO. The works and services
delivered by this function are associated with new large electrical grid
connections, upgrades to existing metering systems or reactive visits to
What does our site do?
Siemens Networks provides Electrical and Gas Metering Systems & Services and has a long history of providing end-to-end electrical Solutions for networks metering and monitoring. We provide specialist and proven design capability, manufacturing, testing and commissioning in dedicated facilities. At our UKAS accredited laboratory we build high quality metering solutions for the precision measurement of energy in large capacity circuits. Our solutions are used by National Grid, major UK power stations, ABB, Alstom, Mitsubishi and others.
What part will you play?
- The installation, commissioning and setting to work of high accuracy metering and communications systems
- To perform routine service visits for calibration and testing purposes
- To ensure that installed equipment meets the requirements of the health and safety and local safety requirements
- Lead installation, commissioning and fault finding works (coordinating site teams (4 to 5 staff)
- Generate and follow RAMS documents
- The diagnosis of electrical/metering/communications faults by means portable and fixed test equipment
- Travel as required typically within UK occasional overseas travel maybe required
- To support sales activities with joint service & sales visits
We don't need superheroes, just super minds.
- HNC/HND, in Electrical Engineering
- Experience of Electrical instrumentation and control systems with a focus on energy metering
- Knowledge of Electrical Transmission and Distribution Systems
- Strong understanding of Electrical Safe Systems of Work
- Proven track record of design/delivery/maintenance of electrical and instrumentation systems
- Experience in providing project quality support to all internal and external stakeholders
- Commercial awareness of project costs and effects of lost time
We’re Siemens. A collection of
over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of
them. Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our
Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge
through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical,
reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power.
Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how
digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best
and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here
and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters. We are
looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you
complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help
us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus and company car. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants.
Job ID: 73393
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either