Meter Assurance Test Engineer
Siemens Metering Segment are on the lookout for a Meter Test Assurance Engineer to join the team due to a successful introduction of a new Meter Assurance Service Line. You will have meaningful experience within the electricity metering industry and detailed knowledge of metering principles to deliver technical assurance audits on industry metering systems used within the Capacity and CfD markets.
What part will I play?
- You will carry out full end to end desk based technical assurance audits on the metering systems of entrants to energy sectors.
- Make decisions based on governing documents and market rules to pass, fail and make observations within an audit.
- You will Analyse single line diagrams and electrical schematics ensuring that market rules & requirements are met.
- Analyse of metering equipment test certificates & commissioning.
- Carrying out metering system error & compensation calculations.
- Verify and determine metered volumes by analysis of aggregation rules.
- Carry out full site based technical audits.
We don't need superheroes, just super minds.
- You will have experience & technical knowledge of the High Accuracy Metering industry.
- Technical knowledge of electrical & electronic principles.
- Familiarity with BSC processes & CoPs.
- Ability to be flexible to carry out site work when required.
- You will be able to work to deadlines set under market rules.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; excel, word etc.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives
depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division
is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products,
systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent
transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly
innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the
future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent toupport
us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear
that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we
want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters. We are looking
forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you finish all of
the areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us
review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognises that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants.
Job ID: 73395
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either