Senior/Principal Mechanical Design Engineer (Service R&D)
Senior / Principle Mechanical Design Engineer (Service R&D)
A versatile Mechanical Design Engineer role within the R&D function to support the introduction of approved projects. Typically these include special Tools for the SGT100-SGT400 product range for Field Service Engineers use in support of Zero Harm aspirations and HSE improvements to site activities.
What are my responsibilities?
- Provide design and engineering support in extending / maintaining the service products / tools
- Engage in R&D activities to support funded R&D projects
- Identify opportunities for new product maintenance tooling improvements that address / improve EHS deficiencies
- Project manage / oversee mini projects, i.e. cases / container options for tools, high value spares etc
- Provide NUB support to new platforms design/concepts
- Provide NUB support for existing product designs enhancements, SGT100 - SGT400 package design input.
- Provide cover and work alongside others in R&D as and when required
- Liaise with Field Service, Installation & Commissioning and Maintainability to identify and implement opportunities for reducing time of scheduled and unscheduled site activities
- Assist in creation of Method Statements, Risk Assessments, and In-Field Service Validation trials in support of HSE and improved maintenance methods
- Support internal initiatives to improve IGT Service Line Product competitiveness (i.e. LTP)
- Involvement with fault report analysis and field trials of lifting equipment catalogued to a Grade 1 HSE fault report.
- Instrumental in the re-design of equipment/components due to site related constraints/failures of the original design to meet required criteria
- Support Product Managers and Service Product Managers in their quest to deliver robust product strategies for their product ranges
- Requirement to travel to site during routine maintenance tasks to identify improvement opportunities, i.e. tools for reducing maintenance activity durations
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Relevant Engineering qualifications (i.e. Degree preferred, but HNC, HND or equivalent and/or relevant experience will be considered)
- Understanding of fundamental Engineering principles
- Basic understanding of Gas Turbine theory beneficial
- Familiarity with Gas Turbine terminology (Package & Core)
- Awareness / familiarity of Gas Turbine ancillary systems (i.e. oil system, start system, fuel system, ventilation system etc)
- Experience / Awareness of Gas Turbine Operation, Maintenance and/or Servicing
- Awareness of relevant Industry & regulatory standards (i.e. BS, API, ASME, HSE, IE, CE marking etc)
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel essential
- SAP/ATLAS and Teamcentre PLM2020 experience beneficial
- CAD/NX modelling experience
- ANSYS experience desirable
- HAZID, HAZOP & FMEA creation experience beneficial
- Lotus Notes (or other Database) experience beneficial
- Project Management qualification/experience desirable.
Job ID: 74155
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time