Project Manager / Mechanical Design Engineer, Dual Role. (R&D)
A versatile Project Manager with Mechanical Design Engineer experience acting in a dual role within the R&D function of the Service Organisation to support the reporting, execution and project management of approved projects following the PIP/PDP process.
It is anticipated that the role and tasks will be flexible with time split between the PMO (Project Management Office) role in reporting of projects whilst maintaining an active role in ongoing/new projects, which may be of a strategic nature, and/or the delivery of specific projects which are broadly as itemised below.
What are my responsibilities?
· Support the Project Management Office Activities.
· Provide design and engineering support in extending / maintaining the service products / tools
· Engage in R&D activities to support funded R&D projects
· Identify opportunities for new product maintenance tooling improvements that address / improve EHS deficiencies
· Project manage / oversee mini projects, i.e. cases / container options for tools, high value spares etc
· Provide NUB support to new platforms design/concepts
· Provide NUB support for existing product designs enhancements, SGT100 - SGT400 package design input.
· Provide cover and work alongside others in R&D as and when required
· Liaise with Field Service, Installation & Commissioning and Maintainability to identify and implement opportunities for reducing time of scheduled and unscheduled site activities
· Assist in creation of Method Statements, Risk Assessments, and In-Field Service Validation trials in support of HSE and improved maintenance methods
· Support internal initiatives to improve IGT Service Line Product competitiveness (i.e. LTP)
· Involvement with fault report analysis and field trials of lifting equipment catalogued to a Grade 1 HSE fault report.
· Instrumental in the re-design of equipment/components due to site related constraints/failures of the original design to meet required criteria
· Support Product Managers and Service Product Managers in their quest to deliver robust product strategies for their product ranges
· Requirement to travel to site during routine maintenance tasks to identify improvement opportunities, i.e. tools for reducing maintenance activity durations
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Project Management qualification/experience.
· Milestone and Financial Reporting awareness.
· Relevant Engineering qualifications (i.e. Degree preferred, but HNC, HND or equivalent and/or relevant experience will be considered)
· Understanding of fundamental Engineering principles
· Basic understanding of Gas Turbine theory beneficial
· Familiarity with Gas Turbine terminology (Package & Core)
· Awareness / familiarity of Gas Turbine ancillary systems (i.e. oil system, start system, fuel system, ventilation system etc)
· Experience / Awareness of Gas Turbine Operation, Maintenance and/or Servicing
· Awareness of relevant Industry & regulatory standards (i.e. BS, API, ASME, HSE, IE, CE marking etc)
· Experience in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel essential
· SAP/ATLAS and Teamcentre PLM2020 experience beneficial
· CAD/NX modelling experience
· ANSYS experience desirable
· HAZID, HAZOP & FMEA creation experience beneficial
· Lotus Notes (or other Database) experience beneficial
Job ID: 74169
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time