UX Lead Fire Safety 80-100 %
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with around 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organisation, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
As a UX designer, your role requires a strong understanding of user experience, best practices and hands-on experience with interaction design, visual design, information architecture, user research and UX strategy as well as proven collaboration and project management skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join a newly formed in-house UX team to advocate the needs of the user to a cross-functional team. You will carry out interdisciplinary work across organizational and geographical boundaries and with customers with diverse needs and pain points with the objective of rapidly developing world-class enterprise software. Your challenge will be to take large, powerful and complex applications and transform them into the simple, intuitive and compelling experience that modern user expectations demand, whilst preserving their powerful capabilities. You will work in a fast-moving, agile environment where you will have to keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies and standards. You will wear many UX hats and take the initiative to develop a variety of UX deliverables from planning and conducting UX research, personas to mock-ups as well as design governance and best practice documentation. You will also, where needed, contribute to UI design at all levels including our design system’s visual language.
Your new responsibilities
- Lead the complete redesign of our B2B products by following a UCD process from the collection of requirements to the development of concepts and final designs
- Be the user advocate throughout the entire product development cycle – by putting the user first, but also by taking business and technical constraints into consideration
- Keep a high-level vision in mind whilst creating comprehensive wireframes and high-fidelity mock-ups
- Develop UX artefacts (user stories, user journeys, flow diagrams, clickable prototypes, UI specifications etc.)
- Scope, plan and conduct user research to understand our customers and evaluate, validate concepts and designs
- Plan and moderate design sprints and stakeholder workshops
- Collaborate with other UX designers to align design concepts across our products as well as mentoring junior team members
- Help the UX team to evolve our design system and advocate UX across the organization
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor/master's degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5 years’ industry experience as a UX designer with a strong work portfolio, demonstrating core interaction and visual design skills
- Proven expertise with modern design tools, with the ability produce high-fidelity mock-ups and prototypes
- Demonstrated comprehension and experience of design processes, methodology, and human-centred design including UX research
- Experience in collaborating in a global cross-functional setup across product management, engineering and marketing
- Experience in designing complex systems, preferably software for embedded systems
- Experience or background in product/hardware design
- English Business fluency is required. German or any additional language skills are a plus
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a large number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/employer.
Your new workplace
We look forward to receiving your full online application including a CV and letter of motivation. Please upload references, certificates and an indication of your availability in a second step after creating an account. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 74311
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time