Gas Turbine Auxiliary Mechanical System Engineer
For the Gas Turbines Customer Order Engineering in Shanghai, Siemens is seeking to fill the position of Gas Turbine Auxiliary Mechanical System Engineer. He or she will work with engineering teams to develop, design and maintain project specific auxiliary mechanical systems for large gas turbine application.
What are my responsibilities?
As the System Engineer for the Gas Turbine Power Plant auxiliary systems responsibilities include proposal support, new unit design, project execution and operating plant technical support for local business & service support.
- Project Execution responsibilities include:
- Develop and modify documents, bill of materials, system descriptions, component functional requirement specifications, system operation descriptions, to meet project specific requirements and local codes & regulations.
- Verify, analyze, and improve designs requirements in relation to standards and codes of gas turbine auxiliaries; provide requirements for safety and process conform designs
- Support installation and commissioning organizations on request.
- Resolve field issues on request.
- Work in a cross-functional team with procurement, quality engineering, and project management, local and global engineering teams for cost-out in China.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical Engineering or other comparable degree/major.
- 3~10 years’ experience in power plant or industrial plant system engineering.
- Good knowledge and experience in design of gas turbine or steam turbine auxiliary systems.
- Experience in functional design of auxiliary systems like but not limited at enclosure system, firefighting system, air intake system, ventilation system, package layout design.
- Product and component knowledge of gas turbine is preferred.
- Familiar with engineering in systems like SAP, TeamCenter, PDM, COMOS is preferred.
- Knowledge of China Codes & Regulations is preferred.
- Preferred site experience in installation and commissioning of turbo engines or equivalent auxiliary and processing systems.
The candidate must possess the following key capabilities:
- Proven ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form in English and in Chinese
- Solid understanding about the interactions of quality, costs and delivery time
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with multi-cultural colleagues, customers, industry experts, and university associates.
- Ability to work as part of a larger global engineering team in a collaborative manner
- Ownership and results oriented
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong initiative (self-starter)
Job ID: 74319
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time