Tech Lead - Front End Development
We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. It follows that the buildings where we spend our lives have an enormous impact on our lives. On what we do, how we feel, who we are, who we become. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a perfect place to do it. A perfect place to learn. A perfect place to grow. A perfect place to prosper. A perfect place for every stage of life.
Building Technology is an in-house global competence center for software engineering. We work closely with the Siemens Divisions to engineer innovative products and services across the world. Our team of over 3,000 professionals forms an important part of the global network of about 17,500 software experts within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
Technical Lead Front-end Developer
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Building Technologies. Here, we’re hiring for a Lead Developer. In this role, you’ll work more as a Software Engineer in charge of one or more Software projects, Lead Programmers also serve as Technical advisers to management and provide programming perspective on requirements. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special management career path.
We make real what matters
- You will be responsible to handle complete ownership of multiple application Front-end interfaces,
- We need you to communicate and coordinate with global delivery teams for sprint execution,
- You will be undergoing Strategic understanding of overall micro services architecture from a digitization perspective.
- Ability to work across new age scripting languages and adapt to rapidly changing technology stack.
What you need to make real what matters
- BE/ B.Tech with 8-10 years of experience.
- Taking complete ownership of multiple application front end interfaces
- Communicating and coordinating with global delivery teams for sprint execution
- Strategic understanding of the overall UI/UX roadmap from a digitization perspective
- Ability to work across new age front end scripting languages and adapt to rapidly changing technology stack.
- Delivering a complete frontend application
- Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
- Coordinating the workflow between the graphic designer and front-end development team
- Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the REST Plus API
- Communicating with external web services
- Skills and Qualifications
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Deep knowledge of EmberJS/AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Ensuring a clear dependency chain, in regard to the app logic as well as the file system
- Ability to provide SEO solutions for single page apps
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects and keeping the frame rate above 30fps at all times
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core EmberJS/AngularJS
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
- Documenting the code inline using JSDoc or other conventions
- Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks
- Creating e2e test suites for all components, and running them with Protractor (or a well reasoned alternative)
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
- Should have significant experience developing working production grade software and maintaining it through a git version control system.
This role is primarily based at Navi Mumbai (Pune). However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Building Technology at: and about Siemens careers at:
Job ID: 74380
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time