Siemens is looking for a Senior Programmer, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan. He/she will be involved in the key technological and design decisions for the development of SCADA systems for the supervision and control of the electrical grid.
With 10+ years of experience in the role, the Senior Programmer will be involved in the SW development and maintenance of the different components related to the real-time data acquisition layer of the SCADA system.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the perfect conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
What will you manage in the short term?
· Be part of development team for designing and implementing real-time supervision and control systems for the electrical grid;
· Working as key developer-designer of the real-time data acquisition layer of the system taking care of the design and the implementation of the related components;
· Collaborate to the operation and maintenance activities of the installed base of the SCADA system;
And what about the medium-long term?
· You will have the possibility to work on different projects / platforms;
· You will have the possibility to take additional responsibility in different areas focusing on software development or in the project delivery
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
· Expert programmer on development real-time systems with 5 years of experience in data-acquisition protocols implementation;
· At least 10 years experience as Software Developer in SCADA environment;
· Strong application development knowledge of C/C++ programming language specifically for real-time applications;
· Excellent knowledge of Linux Operating System (SuSe, RedHat)
· Significant experience in data acquisition protocol implementation; IEC 60870-101/104 and IEC 61850 is a must;
· Bachelor's / Three Years Master's Degree in Informatics Engineering, Computer Science or similar degree;
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
· Availability to work as Help Desk in case of issues;
· Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively in both English and Italian;
· Strong orientation to reach the targets, initiative, autonomy and propensity to work in team
What can we further offer?
· A flexible way of working: Smartworking;
· Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded;
· An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
· Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
· Meal totally paid by the company;
· Personal Computer and Smartphone;
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications
which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
We look forward to receiving an online application in response to this job offer. Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered. Please upload your CV in English and an accompanying letter would be appreciated.
ContactsFor further information or questions you can contact:
Human Resources - Talent Acquisition
Via Privata Vipiteno, 4, 20128 Milan
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Job ID: 74581
Organization: Energy Management
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time