Heat Transfer Engineer - Gas Turbine
Heat Transfer Engineer - Gas Turbine
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The heat transfer engineer is responsible to design cooling features in hot gas path stationary and rotating turbine components, using design tools such as Ansys, NX, Pro-E, by applying engineering knowledge. The engineer should be able to understand the heat transfer aspects of design and come up with innovative & appropriate solutions to meet the overall cooling design requirements, while meeting the overall product configuration.
Need to work within the team and with cross functional global teams. Job requires coming up with conceptual design, drawing checking, Failure mode evaluation, detailed analysis, report writing, participation and presenting in key technical reviews. Good knowledge of heat transfer fundamentals, thermal analyses and manufacturing process requirements are essential.
In addition to this, Engineer needs to support developmental and testing aspects (post final design review) for validation of the product and is also required to provide technical advice about the suitability of developed design and its application across multiple gas turbine frames.
Job requires regular interaction with global teams hence engineer should have strong communication skills and cross cultural knowledge.
- Understand the product structure, design requirements and design principles.
- Heat Transfer and Cooling Design of Gas turbine parts (rotating or stationary or system).
- Point of contact for Hot gas path Heat Transfer related topics.
- Create cooling designs (new product or service upgrade or other), solve design-related problems.
- Work with project lead to understand the requirements, provide engineering data, timelines and deliver related design activities within agreed timeline.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Mechanical engineer graduate/post graduate with 3 to 10 years of experience in design and product development of turbo machinery i.e. Gas turbine, Steam turbine components.
- Experience in utilizing heat transfer and cooling design engineering skills to analyze technical requirements and applying appropriate skill set to design hot gas path turbine components.
- Experience using Pro / E, NX (Uni-graphics) or other similar solid modeling CAD software for visualization of cooling channel/scheme lay out of components or engine assembly.
- Ability to analyze thermal boundary conditions and perform Heat Transfer engineering calculations.
- Experience using impingement correlations and design of back flow margin of components or systems.
- Heat Transfer-design fundamentals & problem solving skills (Gas Turbine Component, System level)
- Provide technical support to other functional areas as required.
- Finite element analysis & ability to review the results. Good Familiarity with FE tools like ANSYS.
- Exposure to SAP and Teamcenter.
- Strong inter personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, imaginative, innovative, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 74850
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time