The Industrial internet of Things (IoT) plays a very important role in Siemens solutions for smart manufacturing applications, such as plant data service application, etc. It covers many aspects, such as data acquisition from different devices and/or systems with smart or legacy interfaces; edge computing for data pre-processing and data modeling/representation to manage context information of the data itself.
This position will be responsible for investigating and designing unique features of Siemens industrial Internet of Things (IoT) products and solutions to solve the key issues identified in real world scenarios. The features will be prototyped and tested in real projects with customers. Feature specifications will be prepared and long term innovation roadmap need to be defined.
The ideal candidate has knowledge and experience in the following specific areas:
• IoT System Archiectures
• IoT Communication Protocol, such as OPC-UA, MQTT, etc
• Data Modeling Technology, such as semantic technology
• Edge computing
• Cloud platform
In addition, this position will be responsible to lead the innovation and R&D works of a team and cooperate with different internal and external stakeholders, such as cooperating with Siemens Business Units to understand their strategies and bring innovative ideas into their products, investigating the real needs and pain points of the end customer and/or OEM partners and cooperate with system integrators and hardware providers to deliver complete solutions.
What are my responsibilities?
Specific duties required for this position may include:
1. Deeply understanding Siemens IoT related products and solutions;
2. Investigating the real needs and pain points of the customer based on the real use cases;
3. Idea generation for unique features of Siemens IoT products and solutions;
4. Applying patent applications of innovative ideas;
5. Prototyping and implementing innovative ideas as proof of concept demonstration;
6. Testing prototypes in real world scenarios and prepare feature specifications;
7. Defining the innovation roadmap which matches well with Siemens product planning and strategy;
8. Cooperating with Siemens internal business units to apply for funding and bring innovative features into their products;
9. Leading the innovation and R&D works of a team consisting of scientist, engineers and business developers;
10. Cooperating with external partners, such as end customer, OEM partner and system integrator;
A position at this level will normally require a doctoral qualification, and/or strong technical expertise based on industrial experience. In determining experience relative to qualifications, previous industrial experience of innovation idea generation and proof of concept through prototyping, innovation roadmap definition which are meeting company strategies and creative achievement with good industrial records will be considered.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
1. Completion of a PhD in a relevant field of study (e.g. computer science);
2. At least 5 years of industrial experience for Internet of Things relevant research and development works;
Knowledge and skills
1. Hands on experience with IoT system architecture design;
2. Posses strong technical expertise for IoT area from connectivity to applications;
3. Hands on experience with IoT communication protocols such as OPC-UA, MQTT, etc;
4. Hands on experience with Edge computing, such as data pre-processing, cloud gateway;
5. Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies (e.g. Openstack, Cloud Foundru, Kubernetes);
6. Proven capability for idea generation and quick prototyping for proof of concept (existing patents, products in the market);
7. Demonstrate capabilities for defining innovation roadmaps and product portfolios based on real world scenarios;
8. Demonstrate strong leadership skills and strategic thinking;
9. Demonstrate strong customer facing skills to understand the requirements and pain points;
10. Possess a high level of interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team with diverse stakeholders;
11. Good presentation skills and executive selling skills;
12. Good English skills
13. Preferred experience with smart manufacturing applications;
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit – Corporate Technology (CT) – plays an important role in this. Corporate Technology contributes to the Company’s success in many functions, including technology and innovation strategy, research and development, cooperation with universities and start-ups, patents and business excellence.
Officially opened in 2006, Corporate Technology China (CT CN) is the largest innovation branch outside Germany. Many top-notch innovators work in Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuhan, Qingdao and Tianjin. We combine the physical and the virtual worlds through our Core Technology Initiatives and research projects in the areas of data analytics, the Industrial loT, autonomous systems, systems integration, cyber security, etc. We are thus helping the Siemens Business Units turn inventions into successful innovations in the market.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you want know more Siemens job opportunities, please be free to log in our career website www.careers.siemens.com.cn.
Job ID: 74995
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time