The Corporate Technology department (www.ct.siemens.com) occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
Research in Digitalization and Automation (RDA) is at the heart of Siemens R&D. Its strong technology base makes it a strong in-house partner for innovation. We develop technologies with wide applicability for the Siemens Divisions and help them to successfully bring innovations to market. About 1,800 scientists and experts at locations in North America, Europe, and Asia ensure the technological and innovative future of the company.
The Software and Systems Innovation (SSI) Technology Field in RDA is responsible for Innovation in the areas of Systems and Software constituting a global team of 200 experts in Germany, USA, China, and India.
The User Experience Design (UXD) Research Group in India is an amalgamation of multiple competencies; Design Thinking (DT), User Experience Design (UXD) and Requirements Engineering (RE). This research group is part of a global team located in Germany and China.
The Technical Expert will drive topics projects and research in the area of UXD in India in close alignment with research group’s and technology field’s strategy and portfolio.
What are my responsibilities?
1. Plan and Execute UXD projects from requirements elicitation to handover. This includes:
• Conducting heuristic evaluation of existing products and providing design recommendations.
• Setting up UX Strategy for existing and new products.
• Collaboration with development teams to incorporate UX concepts into products.
• Designing and conducting usability tests.
2. Driving and delivering UXD programs for both research and business projects.
3. Act as an advocate for the internal and end customer and users.
4. Conceptualize and drive next-generation experience design across Siemens product portfolio.
5. Promote UXD through training, conference participation (national and international), and representing UXD Research Group India at a global level in various platforms.
6. Promote UXD research through establishing and collaborating with world-class research institutes, both at national and international level (e.g., with universities and government laboratories), to inculcate innovation thinking.
7. Demonstrate technical thinking from India’s research group for Siemens businesses in the field of User Experience Design.
8. Create and implement research roadmap strategies in alignment with the global UXD team.
9. Support in analyzing the internal market to optimize the portfolio of offerings by identifying new and important technology trends relevant to UXD, and map them to the portfolio of strategic business drivers and enterprise-wide processes for UXD.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
1. Masters or Ph.D. (or equivalent) in interaction design, information design, design planning, communications design, graphic design, humanities, social sciences (Psychology, Anthropology, Linguistics, Sociology) or human center design with more than 5+ years of industry experience.
2. Expertise and experience in various disciplines of User Experience design, specifically in driving the development process for all phases starting from early requirements elicitation to concept development, prototyping, implementation/realization and technology transfer.
3. Experience in driving innovations through technologies for the development of innovative solutions and application in one of the domains such as Energy, Mobility, Industry, Healthcare, etc. (min. exp. of 4 years).
4. Proficient in formal UX methods like interviews, personas, usability tests, reviews, and surveys.
5. Experience in managing several projects simultaneously.
6. Excellent problem-framing skills and diagrammatic sensibility with a strong orientation towards modeling. Visualization skills or the ability to leverage design resources to visually articulate models will be important.
7. Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams critical.
8. Experience in developing customer journey maps, task modeling, task analysis, workflow design, etc.
9. Ability to develop and communicate User Experience Design guidelines, templates, and standards.
10. Leadership ability in design and solution development with expertise in Human Centered approach.
11. Demonstrated an understanding of how substantial business value can be delivered via innovative design solutions.
12. High degree of proficiency with design and prototyping tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Axure RP, Justinmind, Balsamic, Sketch, etc.
What else do I need to know?
1. Enthusiastic team player, experienced in communicating with global partners.
2. Willingness to travel extensively.
3. Ability to multi-task and handle multiple assignments simultaneously, while focusing on delivery quality.
4. Excellent soft skills for leading project teams and experience in establishing and maintaining customer liaisons.
5. High energy and self-starter.
6. Competent in conducting customer co-creation workshops based on Design Thinking approach.