Siemens CT Expert Research Scientist for Industrial Wireless Communication (Beijing)
Siemens is a leading company in the area of industrial communication networks and Industrial Internet-of-Things (IoT) technology. At Siemens Corporate Technology in Beijing, innovative concepts and technologies for industrial wireless communication (WLAN, 4G/5G, …) and identification (RFID) are being investigated and experimentally evaluated. This position shall strengthen our industrial communication team, especially with focus on upcoming industrial 5G networks and their application in factory automation.
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop and investigate innovative technologies and potential new product features for Siemens’ industrial wireless communication portfolio, with focus on industrial 5G mobile communication and industrial WLAN;
- Plan and execute experimental work, such as lab experiments, field trials, and pilot projects;
- Push forward the build-up of wireless expertise within the team;
- Contribute to the definition of the research direction and technology roadmap of the group;
- Coordinate activities within the wireless team and actively communicate with project partners within and outside China;
- Document and present project results;
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- PhD degree or comparable qualification from related work experience;
- Excellent knowledge of state-of-the-art wireless communication technology;
- Good knowledge of 4G/5G communication;
- Good knowledge of WLAN technology;
- Excellent understanding of communication networks;
- Basic understanding of RF technology and signal propagation;
- Willingness to do experimental work and Proof-of-Concept implementation of ideas;
- Attention to detail;
- Good communication skills in English and Chinese;
- Creative and innovative mind;
- Passion for technology and applied research;
- Programming skills;
- Familiarity with Linux;
- Basic understanding of industrial use cases, e.g. in factory automation;
- Basic knowledge of (UHF-)RFID technology;
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit – Corporate Technology (CT) – plays an important role in this. Corporate Technology contributes to the Company’s success in many functions, including technology and innovation strategy, research and development, cooperation with universities and start-ups, patents and business excellence.
Officially opened in 2006, Corporate Technology China (CT CN) is the largest innovation branch outside Germany. Many top-notch innovators work in Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuhan, Qingdao and Tianjin. We combine the physical and the virtual worlds through our Core Technology Initiatives and research projects in the areas of data analytics, the Industrial loT, autonomous systems, systems integration, cyber security, etc. We are thus helping the Siemens Business Units turn inventions into successful innovations in the market.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you want know more Siemens job opportunities, please be free to log in our career website www.careers.siemens.com.cn.
Job ID: 75003
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time