Siemens CT Research Scientist for Industrial 4G/5G Communication Technology (Beijing)
Siemens is a leading company in the area of industrial communication networks and Industrial Internet-of-Things (IoT) technology. At Siemens Corporate Technology in Beijing, innovative concepts and technologies for industrial wireless communication (WLAN, 4G/5G, …) and industrial IoT technology are being investigated and experimentally evaluated. This position shall strengthen the 4G/5G competence of our industrial communication team.
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop and investigate innovative technologies and potential new product features for Siemens’ industrial wireless communication portfolio, with focus on industrial 4G/5G mobile communication and related technologies;
- Plan and execute experimental work, such as lab experiments, field trials, and pilot projects;
- Push forward the build-up of 4G/5G expertise within the team;
- Contribute to the definition of the research direction and technology roadmap of the group;
- Contribute to the generation of business-relevant patents;
- Document and present project results;
What do I need to qualify for this job?
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- PhD or Master degree with related work experience;
- Excellent knowledge of state-of-the-art wireless communication technology;
- Excellent knowledge of 4G/5G communication;
- Excellent understanding of communication networks;
- Basic understanding of RF technology and signal propagation;
- Willingness to do experimental work and Proof-of-Concept implementation of ideas;
- Attention to detail;
- Good communication skills in English and Chinese;
- Creative and innovative mind;
- Passion for technology and applied research;
- Programming skills;
- Familiarity with Linux;
- Basic understanding of industrial requirements and use cases, e.g. in factory automation;
- Experience with simulation of communication systems;
- Basic knowledge of WLAN technology (802.11);
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit – Corporate Technology (CT) – plays an important role in this. Corporate Technology contributes to the Company’s success in many functions, including technology and innovation strategy, research and development, cooperation with universities and start-ups, patents and business excellence.
Officially opened in 2006, Corporate Technology China (CT CN) is the largest innovation branch outside Germany. Many top-notch innovators work in Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuhan, Qingdao and Tianjin. We combine the physical and the virtual worlds through our Core Technology Initiatives and research projects in the areas of data analytics, the Industrial loT, autonomous systems, systems integration, cyber security, etc. We are thus helping the Siemens Business Units turn inventions into successful innovations in the market.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you want know more Siemens job opportunities, please be free to log in our career website www.careers.siemens.com.cn.
Job ID: 75010
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time