Siemens CT Embedded Systems Engineer (Focus Hardware & System) (Wuxi)
Siemens is a leading company in the area of industrial communication networks and Industrial Inernet-of-Things (IoT) technology. This position contributes to the investigation, evaluation and piloting of new product concepts and features as well as innovative system solutions in the area of Embedded Systems for Industrial IoT infrastructure and applications. The work is focusing on improving the foundation of connectivity and communication in industrial environments (e.g. factories).
What are my responsibilities?
- Concept, design and development of embedded hardware and networked embedded systems;
- Support the successful implementation of proofs-of-concept and pilot projects from the concept to implementation and testing phase;
- Proactive contribution to ensure that the goals of the team are achieved;
What do I need to qualify for this job?
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Experience with at least one programming language;
- Experience with at least one EDA Tool (e.g. Eagle);
- Experience with designing, ordering and testing PCBs;
- Ability to research the market to find technology to solve a given problem;
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems in English and Chinese;
- Ability to work independently on a given topic and find innovative solutions;
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills;
Relevant experience could be:
- Acquired during a study at a university;
- Acquired during work at a company;
- Acquired during contribution to an open source project;
- Experience with one modern programming language (e.g. C, Python);
- Experience with wireless technologies (e.g. 802.11, 4G) and (industrial) communication technologies (e.g. industrial Ethernet);
- Experience with open source contribution;
- Basic knowledge of factory automation systems;
- Basic knowledge of IoT Technology;
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit – Corporate Technology (CT) – plays an important role in this. Corporate Technology contributes to the Company’s success in many functions, including technology and innovation strategy, research and development, cooperation with universities and start-ups, patents and business excellence.
Officially opened in 2006, Corporate Technology China (CT CN) is the largest innovation branch outside Germany. Many top-notch innovators work in Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuhan, Qingdao and Tianjin. We combine the physical and the virtual worlds through our Core Technology Initiatives and research projects in the areas of data analytics, the Industrial loT, autonomous systems, systems integration, cyber security, etc. We are thus helping the Siemens Business Units turn inventions into successful innovations in the market.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you want know more Siemens job opportunities, please be free to log in our career website www.careers.siemens.com.cn.
Job ID: 75020
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time