Industrial Automation - Support Engineer
We are looking for a skilled PLC or SCADA engineer to join our Technical Support team based in Manchester. Siemens provides class leading support to some of the biggest and most demanding automation installations in GB&I and this is a great opportunity to work in a friendly team environment providing support on our world class range of Totally Integrated Automation products.
Although primarily an internal role based at our Manchester office, occasional site visits and overseas training may be required.
What are my responsibilities?
- First level telephone and email support for Great Britain and Ireland customers.
- Second level problem investigation and resolution.
- Co-ordination of escalated cases to Headquarters.
- Taking an accurate brief from the customer regarding their technical problem and diagnosing the fault within a specified time frame.
- Using questioning techniques to identify the problem and to be able to identify when issues need escalating.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Applicants should be qualified to NVQ / HND / HNC / Degree level in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or a relevant Automation discipline, ideally with experience in the application of SCADA systems.
- Previous experience in the application, programming and support of the Siemens range of PLCs and HMI systems would be advantageous but is not essential as full product training will be provided.
- As this position involves considerable liaison with customers at all levels excellent interpersonal skills, in particular communication skills, are essential.
- Candidates should also enjoy working as part of a team and the ability to work under pressure is essential.
- A good understanding of IT concepts including Security, Databases and Operating Systems is desirable.
- Candidates must also be IT literate.
Job ID: 75025
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time