Continuous Improvement Engineer / Coordinator
We are currently recruiting for a talented Continuous Improvement Engineer to work in our Oxfordshire site. Siemens Magnet Technology (SMT) is the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of superconducting magnetic resonance imaging magnets for medical applications. More than 30 percent of the MRI scanners installed in hospitals worldwide have at their heart a Siemens superconducting magnet.
You will support the facilitation and delivery of continuous improvement activities across the business. The role will involve process mapping, root cause analysis and kaizen events. Providing necessary data and reporting of performance against agreed business targets and objectives
What are my responsibilities?
• To drive and support the implementation of Lean Manufacturing concepts and coordinate Kaizen events to deliver productivity savings.
• Act as a coach and mentor and to facilitate continuous improvement activities focusing on products, systems, operations & processes throughout the business.
• To conduct work and time studies to define standard labour hours for all production operations in manufacturing to an internationally recognised standard. (Training Provided)
• To carry out the manufacturing cells monthly efficiency settlement to enable the measurement of operational performance & production workforce bonus calculations.
• To conduct process mapping & value stream mapping activities to identify inefficiencies and implement improvement activities.
• Deploy appropriate methodologies to problem solving and support teams to solve problems and to ensure the escalation process for problem solving is effective.
• To support the business to implement HPS (Healthineers Performance System) and establish "best practice"
• Demonstrate performance excellence behaviours within the business and champion performance excellence.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
• Previous experience of working within an environment of continuous. Improvement & lean manufacturing.
• Formal Lean Manufacturing experience (Lean Six Sigma, Toyota Production System, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, 5s, DMAIC etc).
• Strong communication skills, able to train and conduct lean workshops.
• Understanding of manufacturing / engineering processes.
• Planning and prioritising skills.
• Work collaboratively across all functions.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Understanding of cost and financial impacts.
• Self-motivated with a “can do” attitude
Siemens MR Magnet Technology was established in 1982 and leads the world in the development and production of magnets for MRI applications. The company has achieved this by assembling a team of professionals who represent the very best in their fields, providing an unrivalled depth of expertise to develop our products through all the stages of design, manufacture and field support. This team provides a unique blend of the innovative research that continues to evolve MRI magnet technology, and the progressive production techniques necessary to realise these designs on a commercial level. The combination of skill and knowledge within MR MT has brought many prestigious national awards for export, manufacturing and technology.
What are the benefits in this role?
· Competitive base salary + annual bonus
· Variety of shift patterns
· 26 days holidays
· Great pension contribution
· Private medical insurance
· On-site gym and subsidised gourmet restaurant
· And more…
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind. While we are invested in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there. We’re also deeply invested in our 48,000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry. And as we strive to shape the future of healthcare, our overall success will depend on our ability to continuously reinvent ourselves.
In order to push the boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect each other’s individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we share.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 75026
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time