Siemens CT Senior Software Architect (Beijing)
We are currently seeking a Software Architect for our Beijing or Shanghai location.
What are my responsibilities?
• Provide technical leadership in the area of software architecture to the team, collaborators and customers;
• Review software architectures and guide business unit architects to improve their software architecture;
• Define research strategy for software architecture in coordination with Head of Research Group; Identify high-impact research topics in software architecture; Perform research, development and consulting projects collaborating with colleagues, customers and universities;
• Provide technical leadership in the research community outside of Siemens;
• Perform Siemens-internal software architecture trainings;
• Provide mentorship to junior architects in the team, in CT and in Siemens;
• Extract architecturally-significant requirements, and ensure feasibility of these requirements;
• Make architecturally-significant design decisions at the right level of abstraction;
• Define, articulate and apply architectural principles and patterns;
• Document and communicate architectures;
• Develop strategies for risk mitigation, including risks associated with unstable requirements;
• Be aware of state-of-the-art software architecture methods, tools and trends;
• Present proposals, concepts, and results to collaborators and customers;
• Acquire and lead projects;
• Travel to meet with collaborators and Siemens-internal customers;
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Master in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline;
• 7 years of experience in software development and software. 4 years working as a software architect;
• Experience in software architecture methods and tools;
• Experience in the use of design patterns and UML;
• Experience with software architecture reviews, architecture recovery, code quality analysis, analysis and management of technical debt in large software systems;
• Experience in the use of architecture description languages;
• Knowledge of object-oriented analysis, object-oriented design, and object-oriented programming;
• Strong skills in problem solving, communication, and team work;
• Ability to work on a problem from the analysis phase to the implementation of a practical solution;
• Ability and interest to train and mentor more junior architects;
• Proficient English and Chinese in both oral and written;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude;
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work;
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
• Willing to accept challenges and responsibilities;
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team.
What else do I need to know?
CT in China is an integral part of this family.
The Research Group for Software Engineering belongs to the Research in Digitalization and Automation (RDA) organization in CT-China. We focus on the research, engineering, and consultancy of software engineering methodologies, systems, and processes.
Complex software-intensive systems are at the core of Siemens’s business. Siemens trains, power plants, factory automation, building automation, power grid control, medical devices, and others depend on the correct operation of software. Therefore, sustainable software architectures are essential for the success of our businesses.
You may find further information on our company at http://www.careers.siemens.com.cn.
Job ID: 75166
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time