Digital Solutions Manager- Energy Management
Smart City Digital Solutions Manager- Energy Management Expert (Ref: HRD-R072-18)
Mindsphere Application Centre – Smart City
Digitalization is rapidly changing how we live, work and travel in cities. Faced with the challenges of growing cities and tightening budgets, more and more cities are innovating to evolve their services, make their infrastructure work harder and engage with their communities.
Through digitalization and technology we can transform our city. There are opportunities to grow our economies, how to provide a better quality of life and to enhance our environment. Smart cities, underpinned by good infrastructure connected with sensors and systems, data collection and analytics are opening completely new ways to even smarter digitally enhanced cities.
We are seeking for a motivated candidate who has a passion for technology to join our newly established team. You will contribute in establishing and developing analytics services in Hong Kong’s Smart City Development - focusing in modelling and prototyping - in tight collaboration with internal business experts and clients. The ideal candidate will provide solutions input and domain expertise which he should possesses solid background in computer science/engineering, computational linguistics or information science and possesses working experience in at least one (and ideally a combination) of the following domains: data & text mining, machine learning and information visualization.
- Responsible for the establishment of Energy Management Domain know-how within the MAC-City
- Consulting and develop with potential customers for creating user stories based on the customer needs
- Provides customer data to MAC-City team by defining requirement and business need objectives
- Enable City MAC to realize Proof of Concepts (PoC) and new digital Services/Applications
- Manage digital solutions (PoC) among cross-functional world-wide teams
- Foster new data-driven approaches to generate business insight in order to address unanswered business problems in a proactive way.
- Validate, interpret and present data findings to both an expert and non-expert audience.
- Assess analytics scenarios by means of functional prototypes or pilot solutions.
- Build-up sustainable relationship with key business experts & clients as well as IT professionals to become a trusted partner for the field of data analytics.
- Participates in pre-bid reviews and background information updates for the offer and contract
- Conduct technical presentations and demonstration
- Supporting marketing activities such as trade shows and conferences
- Provide support on the design of custom-made service products or solutions
- During proposal or bid preparation, develops/analyzes plans, contract specifications and/or other site and Customer information determining contract requirements (scope, solution, costs, risks/opportunities) supporting clarification of Customer inquiries.
- Make recommendation to improve operation
Individuals who meet the following requirements or possess the equivalent combination of competence and experience are invited to apply:
- Bachelor or Master Study (completed or near completion) in computer science, computational linguistics or information science (or equivalent).
- Knowledge and experience in the area of Power Generation, Transformer, Smart Grid, Switch gear, power substation and low voltage supply demand
- Excellent Energy industry solutions knowledge
- Basic analytical & conceptual skills to understand key business needs and apply existing and novel analytics solutions to solve specific business problems.
- Good knowledge in a combination of analytic, scripting and visualization tools for the integrated analysis of data in vertical markets in Engineering.
- Experience and Knowledgeable in building technologies
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, ideally multi-lingual (Mandarin is a plus).
- Team player with a 'can do' attitude
Job ID: 76160
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time