Field Service Engineer – Gas Turbine Mechanical
What are my responsibilities?
A turbine field service specialist represents a competent partner in all areas associated with the new installation and service of gas turbines. He is responsible for the execution of technical matters in all areas directly related to gas turbine field assembly:
- Performs complex and technically demanding work within area of technical expertise
- Provides expert advice and technical assistance to support staff and subordinate technicians
- Performs complex maintenance on tools, fixtures, and equipment.
- Works closely with site leads, supervisors, and fellow employees and assist them in meeting customer needs
- Performs day to day activities as part of a team or as a stand-alone function
- Provides all required documentation and reports in a timely manner and according to procedure.
- Perform hands-on work on rotating machine core engine assembly/disassembly and auxiliary maintenance work
- Assist in handling spare parts, service tools, installation tools, consumables and documentation in the project scope
- Business traveling rate: 80%
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering with emphasis on power generation or rotation equipment is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in power generation engineering or manufacturing technical supervision or hands on experience for mechanical assembly.
- Self-motivated with strong customer focus
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
- strong emphasis on quality of work and Siemens values
- follow established safe work methods and ensure that the work is carried out in accordance with valid
- EHS regulations Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form in English and in Chinese and to interface with in a wide range of organizations both internally and externally.
- Good communication skill, open personality and team work spirit
- Good English (verbal and written)
- Power plant rotating machine (Steam Turbine, Gas Turbine & Generator) installation and service (core engine disassembly / assembly ) experiences are preferred
Job ID: 76204
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time