Project Engineer - TCMS Hardware Renewal
From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a to join our Siemens Mobility Customer Services team to work on Rail Systems Projects. Based in our Docklands offices in Melbourne, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business that has immense market potential.
The CS Service Team - Project Engineer coordinates and controls planning and implementation of application services. Leads a team of dedicated professionals. Leading CS Projects from a Technical perspective, liaises with other local and international engineering departments and provides SME knowledge into the support team
- Implements internal rules and regulations and leads application service teams of professionals.
- Ensures adherence to public and regional standards and regulations.
- Acts as first level escalation instance.
- Provides suitable work environment and implements people management processes.
- Coordinates delivery of application services and controls the execution according to organisational guidelines.
- Leads and/or coordinates a group of dedicated qualified professionals locally to achieve the targets set High Availability Network and Sound knowledge of legacy communication systems
- Sound knowledge of Design, Validation, SAT and Test and Commission processes and principles
- Understanding and proven previous experience with Systems Engineering/Requirements Management
- Demonstrated experience in delivering complex technology based projects.
- At least 8 years in communication design and implementation for the delivery of Complex Systems projects preferably with part of that experience on Rail Systems Projects.
- Communications systems design experience with large projects in a complex stakeholder environment
- Demonstrated experience in designing and deploying high availability communications networks, and server architecture
- Ability to trouble shoot complex software and network based environments
- Industry experience/knowledge
Job ID: 77103
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time