Field Service Engineer - Controls
Controls / Commissioning Field Service Engineer
The role of the Controls / Commissioning Field Service Representative is to provide in field and technical support as required for our Long Term Service Agreement (LTSA), Installation & Commissioning (I&C), Engineered Solutions (ESoL) & Ad-hoc teams.
You will provide a full professional service to these UK and global projects to ensure minimized downtime and provide Installation, commissioning, maintenance, fault finding / diagnostic & repair services in the field.
You will have knowledge of:
- Major control software: Ideally including Allan Bradley, GE, Bentley Nevada, Siemens, Woodward ,ADRE, Gem80, Detronics Fire and Gas.
- Compressor and Gas Turbine performance and operation.
- Root cause Analysis
- Vibration Analysis
- Interpretation of P&IDs (piping and installation drawings), general engineering drawings and controls schematics.
- The individual will ideally come from a design engineering background or have relevant previous experience of Commissioning Rotating Equipment with a strong bias to Centrifugal Compressors and Gas Turbines. An ability to carry out routine maintenance will be an advantage.
- Educated to HNC/ HND level in an engineering controls related subject with an ability to understand the machine design and its performance criteria during and after start up.
- To understand both the sequence and scheduling of all the required steps for the safe operation of all types of equipment and the ability to troubleshoot control panels which guide and check the units is an integral skill of this position.
- An awareness and understanding of Seal gas system design and associated fault finding.
- Able to understand and achieve optimum performance criteria and/ or diagnose where performance issues may exist.
- Be comfortable with using diagnostic software including vibration analysis software and equipment, the individual should be able to provide an engineering solution to improve the performance of the machine.
- have an understanding of control systems and the use of diagnostic software programs
- Able to take responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Siemens and Customer Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the North Sea HS&E requirements and be confident in reviewing, completing and compliance with internal Risk Assessment and Method Statements.
- Able to work at all levels to communicate project status and scope of work to Customers, Project managers and FS Colleagues.
- Be able to demonstrate initiative, be a flexible self-starter, working with the minimum direction and have the ability to work alone as well as be a team player.
· Be the customer interface for Field Service and understand the value of excellent customer service delivery
- Support the commissioning activities of Centrifugal compressors including Datum’s and GT packages and other derivatives
- Commissioning and troubleshooting: able to identify and resolve complex technical and performance issues
- Understand the build and performance of the machine and its component parts and interpret P&ID and dimensional drawings
- Verify OEM installation instruction and readings e.g Baseplate Level , Alignment
- Understanding of multiple control systems
- Able to use diagnostic software and equipment like Bentley Nevada and ADRE
- Commission Equipment
- Trouble-shoot the start-up of equipment and perform root cause analysis.
- Communicate progress, schedules and open items with client
- Prepare detailed technical reports and complete check sheets
- Educated to degree level is ideal
- Industry related experience; be qualified in at least one of the following:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Instrumentation & Controls Engineering
- Integrated Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to travel internationally for up to 42 days.
- Able to mobilise at short notice including weekends and work offshore on Oil Platforms and Vessels.
- Demonstrate relevant training with Certificates; be able to obtain offshore certification OGUK and CCNSG.
Computer Literate, able to provide Weekly Time , Expense and In Field Reports and use company IT systems.
Job ID: 78368
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time