SLC Compliance Case Handling (Senior) Investigator西门子（中国）有限公司 合规调查员（北京）
The Investigator in the Beijing office is responsible for conducting and reporting on all assigned compliance investigations in the region (mainly China, Korea, Taiwan, Japan as well as ASEAN).
The investigations assigned to the Office are generally complex and sensitive with possible criminal and / or disciplinary consequences. Such case activity requires interaction with Senior Management in the region, and with external investigative bodies and law enforcement agencies in the absence of the Regional Head, Regulatory Compliance Asia Australia based in Beijing or the Regional Head, Case Handling Asia Australia, based in Singapore.
The Investigator must ensure that investigations conducted in the region take into account the various cultural norms that may impact upon successful investigation activity.
The Investigator reports in-country to the Regional Head, Regulatory Compliance Asia Australia, but functionally to the Regional Head, Case Handling Asia Australia.
- Primarily responsible for the planning, conduct, management and reporting on all investigations personally assigned under the responsibility of the Regional Office.
- Responsible for assisting other Case Handling staff or Operational Compliance Officers in the conduct of mandated central and local investigations.
- Provide support, training, guidance and direction in the analysis and investigation of highly complex compliance-related matters to more junior staff.
- As necessary, required to represent the Case Handling Asia Australia Office to senior management and external entities, such as public and private sector investigative agencies in the region, as required, in the absence of the Regional Head, Regulatory Compliance Asia Australia in Beijing or Regional Head, Case Handling Asia Australia, based in Singapore.
- Responsible for preparation of all planned investigative approaches for the investigations assigned under the responsibility of the Regional Office and in line with the Siemens Investigations Process.
- Responsible to ensure that investigations in the region are conducted in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensures that all investigations in the region adequately consider the risks for the business from a compliance perspective.
- Under the direction of the Regional Head, Case Handling Asia Australia, provide regional management with timely and risk-based advice on matters arising from assigned investigation activity.
- Responsible for efficient and timely reporting of the results of all assigned investigative activities in the region to the Regional Head, Case Handling Asia Australia.
- Responsible for the timely and efficient preparation, factual correctness, appropriate legal argumentation and drafting of relevant, risk-based recommendations for disciplinary and other remediation actions to prevent future misconduct.
- Actively participate in the remediation of all recommendations issued in assigned reports of investigation by the Regional Office.
- Strategic – Innovative
- Results oriented
- Teamwork focus
- Value orientation
- Cultural sensitivity
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Broad understanding of legal issues affecting investigations
- Strong Communication skills
- Highly developed interviewing skills
- Ability to manage conflict resolution issues
- Ability to identify, analyze and report on compliance risks
- Analytical skills
- Sound Representational skills
Experience in working with the relevant software such as MS Office, and the ability to learn and operate specific investigative IT applications for investigations
- At least 8 years professional experience in the listed duties and responsibilities; preferably experience in international financial crime investigations such as with a governmental investigative agency;
- Alternatively, other equivalent experience in fields like legal and compliance will be considered.
- Previous international and multi-cultural experience desirable.
Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Strong command of Mandarin; other regional languages of assistance.
Bachelor’s degree (in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or similar fields);
- Other Qualification with comparable skill set or significant, relevant experience
Significant travel across the region required for the position – approximately 40% - plus some international travel.
Job ID: 78935
Organisation: Legal and Compliance
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time