Part Time Working Student (Production Engineering)
For our Industrial Engineering team, we are seeking a dynamic, motivated, and team-oriented student. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to work part-time during the school year. If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your engineering skills, learn from industry leading company, and enhance your academic learning, then this may be the position for you!
This function has been established to support & develop process improvement initiatives aiming at achieving lean and efficient organizational processes which will lead a competitive advantage to Siemens Air Insulated Switchgear Community.
What are my responsibilities?
- Support production implementation projects for new products.
- Perform and observe manufacturing operations for analysis.
- Identify opportunities to eliminate waste.
- Support improvement needs from weekly 5S audits.
- Support in administrative tasks such as data entry and collection.
- Conduct time studies and station work content studies (yamazumi).
- Provide new layout solutions / improve layouts.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student or master student in Industrial / Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering,
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications,
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills,
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities,
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment,
- LEAN manufacturing knowledge & experience is an asset.
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site
Job ID: 78957
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time