Senior Data Scientist (m/f/diverse)
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.1billion and had around 28,400 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
At our Digital Lab we develop data- / AI-driven solutions for even smarter management of road traffic (e.g. AI-traffic light control) and specific fleets such as eBike sharing systems, as well as intermodal mobility. To do this, we work closely with our customers, partners and Siemens departments, with agile methods and rapid prototyping in line with the lean startup concept.
In this environment, you can use your expertise in Data Analytics and Machine Learning to help shape ecologically sustainable smart traffic for the future along with underlying functions for autonomous driving.
- In our growing team of currently 10 AI-experts, you will develop innovative solutions for exploratory data analysis in highly complex data structures.
- Your aim is to identify unknown relationships in data from traffic management systems, traffic light systems, vehicles and other third-party sources in order to create cutting-edge solutions.
- You will decide on the technological approach and create reusable analytical models, operationalizing them in the analytics platform and visualizing the results
- As a true Senior, you will be responsible for the successful realization of modern data analytics and machine learning within our projects
- You will work directly with customers and project partners
- Technology consulting and delivering presentations to stakeholders from the business, and guiding
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have a university degree in information technology, mathematics, physics or engineering and ideally hold a Ph.D degree.
- You have longtime professional experience as a Data Scientist or Software Developer / Architect, designing and implementing complex data analytics.
- You are a longtime expert in technologies, scalable architectures, methods and algorithms in data analytics, especially data mining and machine learning.
- You are experienced in multidisciplinary projects and working with customers, and you have a proven track record of implementing big data projects
- You have experience of using analytical tools (e.g. Spotfire / Tableau) and systems, especially tools for data mining, and have a good understanding of ETL / ELT
- You must have knowledge of the software development process as well as good programming skills in Java, Python, C#, C++, relational databases (SQL) and NoSQL databases / Hadoop
- You speak business-fluent English; good knowledge of German would be desirable
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is is Mr. Gerbaulet.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 78971
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time