We are recruiting for an Environmental Advisor based out of our South Tyneside office (Monkton) to support
our Transmission Solutions (TS) business within Siemens. We have a fantastic opportunity for an indivi d u a l to
support the planning, implementation, monitoring, measuring, reporting and delivery of environmental and
energy related activities within Siemens TS business.
- Support/advise the Project Delivery teams and Site Management teams to ensure internal, external and
- customer compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Siemens Environmental Manage ment Systems
- and environmental legislation.
- Monitor changes to UK and European environmental legislation that directly impacts on the business.
- To engage with all staff and provide support for the improvement of environmental and energy
- management processes and performance.
- Identify significant environmental impacts on and assist in the set-up of appropriate controls.
- Assist with the creation and development of the project environmental documentation e.g. Construction
- Environmental Management Plan (CEMP).
- Support Siemens in the project management of subcontractor environmental issues.
- Attend project, site co-ordination and progress review meetings as required, providing input and advice on
- environmental related issues as appropriate. Ensure that any environmental actions and lesso n s l e a rne d
- are closed out and implemented effectively.
- Assist with the collation of accurate monthly environmental data in a timely manner and submit to the
- Environmental Specialist and to the client (as required) for reporting purposes.
- Responsible for promoting positive attitudes towards the environment across the Siemens TS business.
- Provide input into pre-qualification, tender and environmental award submissions as required.
- Undertake environmental audits and inspections, as required, to monitor compliance with environmental
- legislation, prevent pollution and encourage resource efficiency.
- Ensure that all environmental hazards and incidents are reported in accordance with Siemens and client
- Provide expert guidance, monitor and investigate following an environmental incident, ensuring appropriate
- corrective and preventative actions are taken.
- Support and assist the Environmental Specialist with the implementation of environmental campaigns and
- continuous improvement initiatives.
- Engage internally and externally with clients and key environmental regulators regarding on site
- environmental issues as required.
- Provide cover for other Environmental/EHS Advisors and the Environmental Specialist as required.
- Graduate qualification degree, diploma or equivalent qualification in environmental discipline (essential)
- IEMA Membership (preferred)
- Audit qualification (preferred)
- Hold a clean full driving license (essential)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience of auditing to environmental standards and management systems
- Experience of working with operational teams including Project and Site Managers
- Experience of collating and analysing environmental and energy data across all sites, identifying trends
- and providing recommendations in monthly reports.
- Identification of environmental impacts as business risks
- A flexible attitude and willingness to travel
- Good understanding of continual improvement and environmental performance measurement, evaluation
- and improvement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills suitable for engaging with all levels within the bus iness
- and externally with clients and key environmental regulators (as required)
- Computer literate - MS office including excel as a minimum
Personal attributes and behaviors:
- Highly motivated and confident self-starter
- Strong forward planning, strategic thinking and prioritisation skills
- Constantly looks for better, more efficient and effective ways of doing things
- Ability to bring together, motivate and work collaboratively with cross business teams and customers
- Ability to effectively communicate, work with and influence
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex technical issues
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation
Job ID: 79046
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time