Environmental Advisor - Manchester, Leeds OR Newcastle based
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious environmental professional to be based out of one of our Northern offices (Manchester, Newcastle or Leeds) supporting the Transmission Solutions (TS) business within Siemens as an Environmental Advisor.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and passionate about the environment, we would expect candidates to have;
- Graduate qualification degree, diploma or equivalent qualification in environmental discipline
- Hold a clean full driving license
- Student or Graduate level membership of IEMA or equivalent
- An audit qualification would be advantageous
We are looking for an Environmental Advisor to join a growing environmental team to help deliver and drive environmental sustainability strategies and initiatives across the business. The role will include;
- Assist the Environmental Specialist in monitoring changes to UK and European environmental legislation that directly impacts on the business
- Engage with all staff and provide support for the improvement of environmental and energy management processes and performance
- Support and advise the Project Delivery teams and Site Management teams to ensure internal, external and customer compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Siemens Environmental Management Systems and environmental legislation
- Identify significant environmental impacts on and assist in the set-up of appropriate controls
- Assist with the creation and development of project environmental documentation e.g. Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP)
- Support Siemens in the project management of subcontractor environmental issues
- Attend project, site co-ordination and progress review meetings as required, providing input and advice on environmental related issues as appropriate. Ensure that any environmental actions and lessons learned are closed out and implemented effectively
- Assist with the collation of accurate monthly environmental data in a timely manner and submit to the Environmental Specialist and to the client (as required) for reporting purposes
- Promote positive attitudes towards the environment across the Siemens TS business
- Provide input into pre-qualification, tender and environmental award submissions as required
- Undertake environmental inspections as required, to monitor compliance with environmental legislation, prevent pollution and encourage resource efficiency
- Ensure that all environmental hazards and incidents are reported in accordance with Siemens and client procedures
- Provide expert guidance, monitor and investigate following an environmental incident, ensuring appropriate corrective and preventative actions are taken
- Support and assist the Environmental Specialist with the implementation of environmental campaigns and continuous improvement initiatives
- Engage internally and externally with clients and key environmental regulators regarding on site environmental issues as required
- Provide cover for other Environmental/EHS Advisors as required
- Good understanding of continual improvement and environmental performance measurement, evaluation and improvement
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus and company car benefit. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation
Job ID: 79046
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time