Senior Azure Architect
The Azure Architect in position to deal with the business in gathering the requirement and define the solution strategy to host new applications or to migrate on premises application to Azure cloud. He will expand the strategy into systematic steps for execution. He will supervise the deployment a suite of application to Azure cloud.
Task and Responsibilities
• Design of Cloud environments with a focus on Azure and demonstrate Technical Cloud Architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in the design of production, staging, QA and development Cloud Infrastructures to our business.
• Delivery of Cloud Strategies aligned with business objectives and with a focus on Cloud implementation.
• Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud
• Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
• Plan strategy to provide the cloud solution for the new requirements.
• Define the strategy for lift and shift of on-premise applications to the cloud
• Analyze the on-premise applications and define the strategy for lift and shift
• Create a lift and shift process model clearly defining the individual steps of the lift and shift process
• Consider all non-functional requirements of the applications and ensure they continue to work at expected levels after the cloud solutions.
• Consider all security aspects of the applications and ensure they continue to meet the security requirements after cloud implementation.
• Define a testing strategy for validating the applications performance cloud implementation
• Drive the team to automate the migration process to the maximum extent possible
• Define the appropriate toolset that will be used for all the cloud solutions.
• Experience in leading a team applying all elements of Technical Consulting
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of Cloud computing
Consulting skills required:
• Passionate, persuasive, articulate Cloud professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate cloud based Architectures. Strong written, verbal and chalk board skills
• Experience in working in Prince2 or PMI methodology managed projects is valued.
• Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures.
• Experience in IT platform and cloud migrations, including of Mass Migration Toolsets: Platespin, Appzero, DoubleTake Move
• Ability to work with team members from around the globe / experience working with off-shore models.
Interact with application owners to:
• Understand application characteristics
• Define the migration process for each application
• Keep the stakeholders informed of the progress of migration
• Seek and obtain stakeholder assistance whenever required to work around issues that arise"
Report the progress of migrations to senior management and stakeholders:
• Planned vs. actual progress
• Key issues and plans for mitigation"
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Education: University degree in engineering / computer science of similar
Experience: 10+ years of relevant work experience within the software development space:
5+ years of experience as the cloud Architect
• “Azure Certified Solution Architect - Associate"
• Must be well versed in software architecture principles
• Must demonstrate a track record in architecting departmental software application in an enterprise setting, using .NET or Java technologies
• Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams
• Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
• Must possess comprehensive understanding of cloud technologies
• Must have proven track record in the lift and shift migration of on-premise applications to Azure
• Must be able to demonstrate hands-on experience and understanding of Azure security concepts and how they are applied to lift and shift migrations
• Must have a deep understanding of non-functional requirements of software applications and how they impact migration to Azure
• Must demonstrate sound understanding of testing strategies for testing cloud applications
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Deep understanding of ITIL concepts
• Experience in Windows Server administration, security concepts
• Good understanding of software development concepts
Soft skill SLF Requirements
• Business Results Orientation (0)
• Strategic Innovative Orientation (0)
• Leadership (+)
• Collaboration & Influencing (++)
• Customer Orientation (++)
• Change Management (0)
• Intercultural Sensitivity (+)
• Value Orientation (+)
• Team Development (++)
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple assignments simultaneously, while focusing on delivery quality
• Ability to use initiative when needed
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Quick learner and efficient ability to get into new technologies and architectures
Job ID: 79174
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time