Senior Data Engineer (m/w/d) - Intelligent Traffic Management
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is an independently managed company of Siemens AG. Siemens Mobility has been a leading provider of transport solutions for more than 160 years, and is continuously developing its portfolio through innovation. Its core business comprises rolling stock, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic engineering, and the associated services. By harnessing digitalization, Siemens Mobility enables mobility operators the world over to make their infrastructure intelligent, increase their value added sustainably over the entire lifecycle, improve passenger comfort, and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, Siemens' former Mobility Division reported sales revenue of 8.1 billion euros and employed some 28,400 people around the world.
At our new ITS (Intelligent Traffic Systems) Digital Lab we develop data- and AI-driven functions for even smarter management of road traffic, specific fleets such as eBikes, and intermodal mobility as well. To do this, we work closely with our customers (e.g. cities), partners (e.g. automotive manufacturers) and Siemens departments (e.g. R&D), with agile methods and rapid prototyping in line with the lean start-up concept.
In this environment, you can use your expertise in big data, data analytics and machine learning help shape ecologically sustainable smart traffic for the future along with underlying functions for autonomous driving.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You will develop innovative data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions with data scientists and software engineers.
- You will be responsible for integrating large (un)structured data inventories into existing cloud infrastructures and autonomous steering ETL/ELT processes.
- As part of big data management you will be responsible for implementing scalable end-to-end data pipelines. To achieve this you will develop logical data models and later physically implement them.
- You will also be responsible to build data infrastructure from scratch including state-of-the-art SQL and noSQL data bases, Hadoop and the associated ecosystem (Hive, Presto), and data warehouses (DWH) in scalable cloud architectures.
- Using modern ETL/ELT tools (e.g. Talend or Informatica) you will ensure the data integrity, validity and reliability (quality) of the DWH and coordinate with the project members and customers involved.
- You will use and expand your network of partners, technology suppliers and constantly use your network in order to keep up to date with the latest technology developments.
- You will be proactively involved in developing best practices.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have completed studies in IT, information systems, mathematics or in a related area of study
- You have first / several years of professional experience as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer in data integration and the physical implementation of complex data models.
- You have relevant experience with databases, DWH and modern big data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, Hive, Presto and Spark.
- You are familiar with cloud technologies such as AWS, MSAzure, or GoogleCloud
- You have proven expertise in enterprise application integration, ETL technologies and tools such as Informatica and Talend.
- You have a good level of experience with SQL programming and NoSQL systems and programming skills in Python and Java.
- In multidisciplinary project teams with a clear focus on implementation, you demonstrate that you are highly self-motivated and able to think independently as well as acting as a team player
- You are fluent in English.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you wish to find out more about the specific business before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Karl-Christian Gerbaulet.
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 79232
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time