Software Engineer Real-Time systems & Real Time Control
Software Engineer Real-time Systems & Real-time Control
Siemens Industry Software N.V. (SISW, formerly known as LMS) is an engineering innovation company, with proven track record in the area of experimental, numerical and hybrid (mixed experimental-numerical) system modelling for noise, vibration, durability and dynamics, performing substantial in-house research on advanced methods and applications. SISW is part of the Siemens PLM Software, a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with seven million licensed seats and more than 71,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software collaborates with companies to deliver open solutions, helping them make smarter decisions that result in better products. For more information on Siemens PLM Software products and services, visit .
Within the Test division, we are searching for a software Developer to join our development team in Leuven, Belgium.
The Software Engineer Real-time Systems & Real-time Control will work on the development of real-time solutions for the simulation of numerical models and the execution of controllers. The work includes development, testing and integration in the build system. State-of-the-art control algorithms will have to be developed, deployed, tested, integrated in the build system and researched. All control algorithms will be interfaced to physical inputs/outputs or fieldbuses. Custom developments may be needed on a case-by-case basis. He/She will make sure that the products fulfil the corresponding requirements.
Furthermore, he/she will participate in research activities in the field of Model-Based System Testing. Responsibilities include supervising researchers and students, preparing research proposals and contributing to the definition of the research roadmap.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Participation to the development of the real-time solutions
- Integration of the hardware support and software components of the real-time solutions
- Development, deployment, testing, integration of any part of the real-time software stack including user space and kernel space code, research of several types of controllers and control algorithms (model free and model-based controllers)
- Identify and keep abreast of novel technologies and markets.
- Participation in the development, implementation and delivery of customer pilot use-cases, in close cooperation with the Product Management and Business development team.
- Participation in the quality control and testing of the software components related to the real-time software stack
- Delivery of product supporting material (requirements, specifications, product documentation, ..,) in close cooperation with the Product Management team
- Contribute to Model-Based System Testing research activities: writing and execution of research projects at national and international level in close cooperation with the Test RTD-division, writing of scientific papers and applications patents.
- University degree M.Sc. in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics, Electrics, Computer Science or any other relevant field with preferably also a PhD or equivalent research experience
- Experience in engineering activities including control algorithms, system-in the-loop testing, hardware-in-the-loop testing, hybrid testing
- Knowledge or Experience in the development of real-time applications, embedded real-time operating systems and real-time drivers
- Knowledge of digital buses (CAN bus, real-time fieldbuses, etc.) .
- Experience with numerical computing on conventional platforms as well as heterogeneous ones is an asset
- Experience with simulation software (multibody simulation software, multi-physical simulation software, etc.) is an asset
- Experience in web technologies (Single Page Application development, web apps, web servers, html5, CSS3/4, backend web frameworks (Django), frontend web frameworks (React JS), etc.) is an asset
- Languages: Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing), other languages (Dutch, French) are an asset
- able to work in a team as well as independently, accurate, methodical, result-oriented and fast-learner.
Siemens PLM Software offers, besides an attractive salary and benefits package, an internationally-oriented and innovative high-tech environment. It is a fast growing, financially healthy company with a flat structure, which develops Simcenter simulation and testing solutions in an informal, flexible atmosphere. People working within the business unit appreciate the room for initiative and career development. Simcenter solutions are driven by innovation and therefore management fosters the creativity of its employees. Siemens PLM Software provides continuous training and competence development, stimulating personal development with respect to technical and/or management skills.
Siemens PLM Software is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Job ID: 79916
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time