Fleet Head of Materials
We are recruiting for skilled Fleet Head of Materials to join us supporting our rail contracts in Southampton.
As the the Fleet Head of Materials, you will manage the flow of materials, equipment, goods, supplies from suppliers. You will continuously review and plan requirements for purchasing materials. Prepare negotiations of contracts for goods, services, suppliers, equipment related to materials, transportation and storage. In logistic administration, monitors contractual obligations for compliance to support superior. You’ll participate in the evaluation of vendor performance.
- Coordinate and control the materials planning function.
- Ensure that materials of the required standard are available at the production facility to meet the requirements of the maintenance operation
- Manage customer and Siemens owned spares
- Forecast requirements, against fleet plans
- Manage and schedule requirements, ensuring the right components are in the right place at the right time.
- Ensure the stocks on site are accurate, carryout perpetual stock checks
- Maintain training of staff and ensure this is up to date
- Monitor and produce monthly KPI’s
- Control shortages, ensure they are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible. Manage and track unsatisfied demands
- Developing relationships and processes with internal and external suppliers to ensure the performance and supply of the materials meets with the requirements of the maintenance operation. Manage and plan projects (for example Overhauls and modifications)
- Bill of material preparation, in conjunction with Engineering. Verifying requirements, managing new components, and obsolescence.
- Manage health and safety requirements
- Experienced in Materials and Logistics management, supply chain management
- Team Managerial experience
- Experience in getting the best out of their team
- Putting Safety first, both for the team and Siemens
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels, negotiate requirements with internal and external suppliers
- Purchase Contract management experience required
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. Our Rail Systems business is working to transform the future of rolling stock engineering within the UK. We have maintenance facilities and offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
The closing date for applications is 3rd December 2018.
Job ID: 79939
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time