From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
The Siemens Mobility Division is already the largest signalling contractor in Australasia and our outstanding success means we continue to create opportunities for exceptional signalling professionals.
We are currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer (Communications Engineer), to be based preferably in Adelaide, South Australia, for a 2 year period.
The Systems Engineers are technically competent in carrying out system analysis, system design, systems integration and verification activities with considerable exposure to railway domain. They will have detailed knowledge of the system/ products that they are working on, and reasonable understanding of the system environment and its contained system elements/ entities.
Additional key responsibilities include:
- Perform requirements analysis and design tasks to produce system level requirements, architecture, and design and interface specifications for railway systems projects
- Design Communication (TCP/IP) networks including Producing IP Schemes, subnets and Gateways, Assigning vlans, Producing Routing Tables and Producing Spanning Tree configuration
- Configuration of Network Switches, Routers and Timeservers (in particular Ruggedcom, HP and Cisco Devices)
- Perform systems integration and configuration management activities as required for relevant application and concerned subsystem(s); Ensure effective technical reviews and system verification activities associated with a work package
- Support subsystem production/ implementation including its interfaces and integration with other parts of the system; Deliver installation plans with deployment designs/ drawings for the concerned subsystem
- Support installation, testing and commissioning, and other related activities as necessary to deliver a project and meet its goals with high standards.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will need the following:
- Significant prior experience within the Engineering Function of Train Protection with extensive technical knowledge of ETCS Levels 1 and 2, CBTC, PTC and other Train Protection Systems
- Experience within the project delivery environment
- A relevant Engineering tertiary qualification or degree
- Your excellent communication and your ‘can do’ attitude will ensure your success within this role
If you meet the requirements above and are looking for a new challenge with a global technology leader, then we would like to hear from you!
Being part of the Siemens Mobility team, you will be rewarded with a challenging and stimulating work environment, as well as an attractive remuneration package based on skills, experience and knowledge of suitable candidates.
Please send through your expression of interest online or for further details please contact Austen Willams on 03 9721 2351 and quote the Job ID and Title above.
Job ID: 80086
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time