Quantity Surveyor - Siemens Mobility Egypt
About Siemens Mobility:
The Mobility Division is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improving millions of people each day’s life quality all around the globe. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value-added that is unique, and not only in our industry. We call this Ingenuity for Life. Today and for our Mobility setup in Egypt we are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to support our growing business:
This Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for performing a proper checking and validation of sub-contractors scope of work, reporting directly to the Commercial Project Manager while work is taking place. In addition, the Quantity Surveyor will also keep in close contact with sub-contractors and technical teams, and liaise with site engineers, technicians, planners, contract managers and subcontractors. He / she will also ensure that Project scope activities comply with standards and customer requirements.
What are my responsibilities?
- Control and follow up of civil works, trenching, signaling, telecommunications and power supply equipment installation scope of supply, in terms of contractual requirements.
- Ensure that the Civil Contractor constructs the Civil and building works in line with the design and contractual budget.
- Approve contractor’s supply and services scopes.
- Assess the sustainability impact of Project ensuring smoothly running within budget
- Analysis and valuation of risk potentials
- Contractual documents preparation.
- Verification of Civil and building Subcontractor Bill of Quantities and valuations in line with purchase order and contractual budget.
- Prepare and format variation orders showing the effective quantity, time and cost impact
- Responsible for keeping Commercial/Project Manager informed about scope status.
- Evaluation of customer requirements, budget & cost comparison
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor Degree in Civil or Architecture Engineering from reputable University.
- 5-8 years of experience supporting management in civil projects.
- Excellent computer skills, capability to express complex matters in clear and understandable language, excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Analytical thinking, excellent planning, communication and organizational skills are required.
- Knowledge in work scheduling, progress reporting.
- Team Player with good interpersonal relation skill (vendors, employees, client, sub-contractor, consultants).
- The ability to deal, review and check design documents, drawings, BOQ, specification etc…
- Knowledge of warehouse, material storage and delivery control.
- Railways Systems (Signalling, Telecommunications, Power Supply) experience is a plus.
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets.
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 80093
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time