Indoor Installation Manager - Siemens Mobility Egypt
About Siemens Mobility Division:
Siemens Mobility Division is one of the global players within the Transportation Sector. Mobility offers products, systems, solutions and services for an economical, reliable and intelligent transportation sector. This includes Metro and Mainline Signalling Systems, Trackside equipment; Rail Electrification and Operational Control Centers. For our setup in Egypt we are looking for an Indoor Installation Manager to support our growing business
The Indoor Installation Manager is responsible for ensuring that a project site work indoor is completed on time and within budget. He reports directly to the Installation Manager and is functionally in charge of the Indoor Installation Supervisors. While the work is taking place, the Indoor Installation Manager will monitor all system components and equipment cabinet erection progress, oversee material delivery, carry out safety checks and sort out any problems which could hold up indoor work as they arise. Indoor Installation Manager will also keep in close contact with site team members, especially Installation Leaders, and liaise with the Project team, Outdoor Installation Manager, Commissioning Manager, Signalling Commissioning Manager, Systems Engineering, the Customer, partners, suppliers, EHS site officers, QMIP, site engineers, technicians, planners and subcontractors. He /she will also ensure that work complies with building regulations and health and safety legislation as well as other legal requirements.
What are my responsibilities?
- Within a Signalling Project, you are responsible for indoor installation of our railway Signaling (Telecoms and Power Supply) technology as part of a comprehensive modernization Project Time Schedule
- Supervising and overseeing the direction of the Indoor Installation scope (Signalling, Telecommunications and Power Supply Systems), ensuring that the customer’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing indoor activities progress.
- Coordinating and supervising site engineers and technicians.
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety.
- Finding ways to prevent problems.
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings for indoor activities.
- Assessing and minimizing risk.
- Ensure the implementation of safety and quality standards by all SCADA installation, Adaptation, commissioning teams.
- Prepare all method statements, safety procedures and quality procedures related to indoor activities.
- Provides input to technical lead on schedules and cost estimates for Signalling indoor equipment, Telecommunications and Power Supply cabinet &indoor equipment installation
- You control material flow to the working location, including the acceptance of goods and damage control, as well as transportation to the technical buildings.
- You are the functional responsible for assigned indoor installation leaders and represent and report on internal / external project meetings and you are responsible for technical clarifications with subcontractors as well as other stakeholders, all regarding indoor activities.
- You support the test and commissioning manager during Systems Testing &Commissioning phase
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Engineering Degree or equal qualification from reputable university of college
- Highly experienced Installation manager with 10 years practical experience in international Business, Railways and/or Electrical sector or compatible.
- Proven “get-things-done” track record reliably, efficiently, under time pressure in a hostile environment.
- Proven leadership skills within line organizations, collaboration with international teams
- Very good computer skills, capability to express complex matters in clear and understandable language, good presentation, communication and writing skills.
- Decision-making ability.
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English.
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of subordinates themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact
- Ensure compliance with the EHS procedures relative to the position
- Follow emergency procedures
- Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations.
- Use all equipment provided safely and notifying local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent
- Inform management or instruct/advise of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new material or process which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment
- Immediately inform, instruct and/or advise of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work
- Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do so.
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 80094
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time