Construction Manager - Siemens Mobility Egypt
About Siemens Mobility Division:
Siemens Mobility Division is one of the global players within the Transportation Sector. Mobility offers products, systems, solutions and services for an economical, reliable and intelligent transportation sector. This includes Metro and Mainline Signalling Systems, Trackside equipment; Rail Electrification and Operational Control Centers. For our setup in Egypt we are looking for an experienced Construction Manager to support our growing business
The Construction Manager will be located in Egypt and be responsible for the successful and timely delivery and execution of the Project Civil Construction Site Deployment/Integration scope within the predetermined cost and in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions and the Siemens’ project management policies, procedures and work instructions, bundling different scopes activities as per common synergies.
What are my responsibilities?
- Direct report to the Overall Site Manager (and Project Management, if necessary);
- Provide progress reports to the Overall Site Manager, if necessary on stipulated dates.
- To manage and work in cooperation with the Installation Manager and Civil Works Project Manager, as well as the subcontractors, controlling work performance;
- To work in cooperation and coordination with the Technical Project Managers;
- Assists the Contract &Claims Manager, as well as the Overall Site Manager for supporting and reporting all scope related changes and variations;
- Progress, Invoicing Control and Time Scheduling fulfillment (from different site inputs)
- Must ensure all internal processes are executed and fulfilled on time in order to fully support the Project
- Push Technical Buildings Construction and Trenching &Cable Laying scopes progress against Project time schedule and budget, identifying and mitigating diverse trends through effective corrective management actions (from different site inputs);
- Interfacing with all stakeholders (Customer, Consultant, Sub-contractors and Project Team Members) to ensure the successful project scope execution
- Risks &Opportunity analysis and management
- Ensure scope implementation of Quality Management and EHS process
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Engineering degree (preferable) or equal qualification from reputable university or college combined with Project Management certification (desirable)
- Proven work experience (10-12 years) as project/construction manager of major and complex infrastructure/construction projects (preferably in railway infrastructure sector or similar - international experience is a plus)
- Flexibility for travel to the project site locations as necessary, also for longer periods
- Very good communication skills, effective as a team leader, decisive and persuasive, good in dealing with conflict situations, and well accepted by costumer as contractor’s main construction representative.
- Excellent Negotiation Skills with solid experience dealing with customers and sub-contractors
- Leadership / Site Management techniques / Resilience / Results Orientation / Decision Making
- Extensive experience in Project Management, a team player, good with logistic and successful in identifying business opportunities, project mobilization, testing &commissioning management.
- Overall Rail Transport know-how, knowledge in civil engineering, interface management, railway logistic know-how, list of responsibilities, project management, contract, claims and risk management, deep knowledge in time scheduling.
- Fluent English in reading and writing, translation of technical documentation and correspondence
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of subordinates themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact
- Ensure compliance with the EHS procedures relative to the position
- Follow emergency procedures
- Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations.
- Use all equipment provided safely and notifying local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent
- Inform management or instruct/advise of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new material or process which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment
- Immediately inform, instruct and/or advise of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work
- Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do so.
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 80112
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time