Graduate R&D Engineers
From delivering and
servicing trains for use in the UK, to intelligent signaling and traffic
systems, our mission is to help get people and goods to where they need to go.
Our solutions improve and support rail and traffic flow in congested urban and
inter-urban areas, as well as connecting our cities.
How do you shape the future through software? We’re looking for the decision-makers of tomorrow. The bright and cool-headed engineering graduates.
Involvement in a wide range of team project activities over the full product development cycle, which will include (depending on your skill-sets and chosen career path); software development of products from firmware to web based developments, development of new electronic circuits, creation of 2D/3D mechanical concepts and designs, end-to-end system testing across wireless communication interfaces, which meet appropriate standards, production of design specifications and installation guidelines.
Join us on our two
year-long graduate development programme to get to know us from the inside and
see how we can make a different to society. During this time, your development
is intended to provide a thorough grounding in your discipline, develop
personal and management skills
As a Graduate Engineer you could be based in one of our engineering teams; Hardware, Firmware, Software or Mechanical. You will be working on engineering projects under the supervision of senior or lead engineers.
· Projects include tasks such as; evaluation and proof-of-concept of new products, design and development of solutions, system test and install/deployment of the solution.
· To liaise with other departments such as Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Procurement, Project Management, and Field organisations to enable the product to transition from initial concept to production/live environments.
· To use and propose a range of tools and utilities to aid the design, development, and testing of products, which may include; 3D Mechanical CAD software and various integrated software development tools depending on the platform type, electronic circuit design and analysis software.
· The graduate will become part of the R&D organisation and will become an integral member of that team.
- You will be graduating or have graduated in a degree in one of these related fields: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechtronics or Physics.
- Flexible and adaptable in your approach
- Great interpersonal and communication skills are essential as you will need understand customer issues and handle complex and technical queries.
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute to written documents, adapting the style and content to fit the audience, and to read and understand technical documentation.
- The ability to contribute positively in a team working environment
- Work well under pressure
- A positive, can-do attitude
- ‘Hands on’ technical experience gained during your industrial placements/degree projects.
- Good organisational skills and be able to self manage your time
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Demonstrate creative thinking and be open to new ideas
- Demonstrate an awareness and commitment to meeting pre-defined schedules and deadlines including minor task prioritisation and accurate reporting of status, and acceptance of responsibility for meeting development needs as directed by a Lead Engineer, Engineering Manager or mentor.
- Demonstrate the ability to routinely accept responsibility at the task or module level, and understand the context in which the task or module resides within a major subsystem of a low complexity system. Examples include routinely taking responsibility for tasks within a subsystem development or contributing to system analysis activities (e.g. Use Case Analysis, Reference Designs, etc.)
- Demonstrate an awareness of the technical strategy of the Engineering function. This includes understanding the scope of and boundaries between Engineering functions, and a good awareness of one’s own Engineering function.
Job ID: 80187
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time