Signalling Commissioning Manager - Siemens Mobility Egypt
About Siemens Mobility:
Siemens Mobility Division is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improving millions of people each day’s life quality all around the globe. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value-added that is unique, and not only in our industry. We call this Ingenuity for Life.For our MO setup in Egypt we are looking for a Signalling Commissioning Manager to support our growing business:
The Signaling Commissioning Manager is responsible for assuring Project Signalling System Startup &Commissioning is completed on time, within budget and as per the company quality requirements. Reporting to the Commissioning Manager, the Signalling Commissioning Manager will monitor Signalling testing progress, oversee solution delivery, carry out safety checks and quickly sort out any problems which could hold the site testing works. He / She will also keep close contact with the Indoor/Outdoor Installation Managers, and liaise with technicians, planners and site leaders, as well as all stakeholders (customer &consultants).
What are my responsibilities?
- To lead and guide the Signalling System Testing and Commissioning stage with regard to working methodology, personnel deployment, system construction at site and rail integration process.
- Establishing the governance arrangements for Signalling Testing and Commissioning through the development and implementation of the testing and commissioning strategy and plans to ensure the handover of a fully integrated and safe system, compliant with Employer Requirements
- Adherence to deadlines, quality and cost-effectiveness
- Performance of functional tests and commissioning as well as Reporting, documentation of work performed
- Creation of modification and commissioning concepts as well as acceptance criteria
- Involvement in the definition and implementation of productivity measures, adherence to standard processes
- To work in cooperation and coordination with Signalling Project Manager and Overall Site Manager
- Understand the system/asset design from "end to end" to support the integration of testing and commissioning plans
- Provide input into the engineering to ensure all necessary testing and commissioning requirements are incorporated
- Maintain an overview of the technical assurance requirements (testing certification) and production of assurance deliverables to ensure compliance with Signalling Testing and Commissioning strategy, plans and procedures.
- Facilitate acceptance certification obtaining in a progressive manner, to ensure satisfactory testing and commissioning results are compiled and processed by supporting handover strategy
- Develop and implement a reporting system including dashboards, metrics, and updates to the Commissioning Manager
- It is your responsibility to comply with standards, regulations, quality guidelines and safety regulations
- Provides input to technical lead on schedules and cost estimates for the system related work.
- To assist the Contract & Claim Manager, the Commissioning Manager and the Overall Site Manager by supporting and reporting all changes and variations occurred on site
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Engineering Degree or equal qualification from reputable University or college
- 10- 12 years of experience in Railways, experienced working with public governmental sectors.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in leading and integrating Railways Systems Testing &Commissioning
- Proven track record to “get-things-done” reliably, efficiently, under time pressure in a hostile environment.
- Good knowledge of Railway regulations, standards and operational requirements
- Experience with Westrace Interlocking product desirable
- Previous Experience in complex contracts with several stakeholders.
- Proven leadership skills within line organizations.
- Excellent computer skills, capability to express complex matters in clear and understandable language
- Very Good communication skills rounded by a Fluent English in reading and writing, translation of technical documentation and correspondences.
- Ability to effectively work within a matrix organization
- Decision-making ability.
- Knowledge of front-end activities including: Best Practices/Lessons Learned, Risk Analysis/Contingency Evaluation
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Accept a personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of subordinates themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact
- Ensure compliance with the EHS procedures relative to the position
- Follow emergency procedures
- Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations.
- Use all equipment provided safely and notifying local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent
- Inform management or instruct/advise of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new material or process which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment
- Immediately inform, instruct and/or advise of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work
- Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do s
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 80264
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time