Software Engineer (m/f/diverse) - Imaging, Augmented and Virtual Reality
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Mode of Employment: unlimited / full-time
Real trendsetters in every language.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives the customer. Only then do they implement things on the technical side – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. They enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories and to organize their own work. For them, knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. They feed their ideas into many sectors of the economy, thus creating the basis for innovative business models. Join our team, and we will offer the necessary support to give you responsibility and enable you to have an international career as an expert.
We make real what matters. This is your role.
- Prototyping of imaging, web, and AR/VR applications integrating custom and standard software tools to help internal and external customers understand how industrial imaging and AR/VR can fit into their solutions and make them better
- Design and develop solutions (software systems and workflows) for integrating image processing and AR/VR into enterprise applications, e.g. linking to PLM software, workflow systems, collaboration tools
- Implementation of custom software components to address requirements not handled by off-the-shelf systems (e.g. object detection from CAD models in industrial environments; remote collaboration in AR/VR, processing of large volumes of imaging data)
- Design of interactive solutions for efficiently capturing models of the real world (e.g. building semantically annotated models from point clouds) and for the efficient creation and annotation of AR/VR content
- Selection of best-in-class technology suppliers and design of custom solutions and integration of newly emerging technologies, e.g. deep learning for 3D scene understanding
- Work on existing R&D projects with a focus on delivering results, help define future projects and help shape roadmaps for the technological area of image processing and AR/VR
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Master degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Media Informatics, or related discipline
- Broad experience in image processing and AR/VR software development based on the relevant software toolkits (e.g. OpenCV, TensorFlow, ARKit / ARCore, WebVR)
- Broad experience in using 3D modeling software (CAD and mesh-based) as well as in games design and programming environments (e.g. Unity, Unreal)
- Proficiency in architectural design and implementation of complex distributed software systems mastering software architectures/designs (including SOA, micro-services, cloud platforms, virtualization, containerization)
- Experience in modern software engineering methods and the respective tooling (design patterns, clean code principles, testing pyramid, etc.) and practical proficiency with programming languages (C++, Java, Python, C#.NET)
- Preferable: Research experience in the area of AR, VR, image processing, visualization
- Motivation to work in a highly dynamic and challenging technical environment
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
if you wish to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 7-35335
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Alexander Amon.
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 80372
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Erfahrungsniveau: Experienced Professional