Siemens CT Research Scientist of Power Electronics Control System Design (Beijing)
For our Corporate Technology (CT) in Beijing, Siemens is looking for a lead research scientist / research scientist of Power Electronics Control System Design at earliest opportunity.
What are my responsibilities?
You will work in a startup-like environment in the Software Defined Inverter (SDI) technology field of CT REE. The SDI technology field is dedicated to research and development on tomorrow’s power converters using the most advanced technologies especially regarding semiconductors, control and software approaches mainly for PCB-based designs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To design control systems for high-frequency switching power electronic systems;
- To implement the control on the target (DSP) system using automatic code generation;
- To test, tune and improve the control in the lab;
- To improve the power circuit together with the system architects and component specialists;
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Master degree or above, PhD preferred, major in a related knowledge domain;
- Fluency in English;
- Above 2 years of experience designing control systems for power electronic systems:
- Programming experience in Matlab;
- Experience with the Simulink simulation environment;
- Experience with power electronics circuit simulation;
- Experience with DC/DC converters;
- Experience with grid-tie converters;
- Programming experience in C;
- Experience with automatic code generation;
- DSP and/or FPGA experience;
- Experience with symbolic math solvers like Maple, Mathematica, etc.;
- Experience with modeling loss mechanisms in power electronic systems;
- Semiconductors (IGBTs, Mosfets, etc.);
- Passives (Inductors, capacitors);
- Experience in a research environment;
- German language skills.
We expect you to be proactive, creative and open-minded working in a diverse environment with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
What else do I need to know?
With over 1,900 research operatives worldwide, the Corporate Technology department (www.ct.siemens.com) occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, the USA, the UK, China, India, Russia and Japan, Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
Our Product & Service Innovation global business field fosters world-class product and service innovations. Among other things, it focuses on developing new business opportunities, optimizing and safeguarding business, and providing support in the positioning as a trendsetting company. Our research team concentrates primarily on optimizing portfolios and processes, detecting and implementing trends, enhancing expertise, promoting innovations, and expanding the service business.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. Please find more information at: http://www.careers.siemens.com.cn
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
You may find further information on our company at http://www.careers.siemens.com.cn
Job ID: 80579
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time