Manufacturing Engineering Summer Placement
How do you shape the future through engineering? We are looking for the decision-makers of tomorrow, the talented undergraduates with the ambition to question beyond a textbook and drive to test themselves in the real world. We are looking for an Intern to work in our Siemens Magnet Technology team for 3 months.
Siemens is the global powerhouse that employs over 360,000 people in nearly 190 countries worldwide. Siemens Magnet Technology (SMT), based in Eynsham, Oxfordshire, is part of the Siemens Healthcare Division and is a world leader in the design and manufacture of super-conducting magnet systems for MRI body scanners. Annually SMT make over 1100 magnets and a third of all MRI systems in the world contain superconducting magnets made at SMT.
• You will be supporting the manufacturing engineering team deliver high quality and innovative solutions to magnet production challenges.
• The challenges and opportunities are varied in nature and may include New Product Development / Introduction, Facility development, New test processes, Quality improvements, Waste reductions, Tooling / Plant development and general process improvements.
• You will be expected to technically understand complex manufacturing issues, develop innovative engineering or process solutions and then deploy them, under supervision, to improve the performance of the product or manufacturing facility.
• You will experience first hand the challenges faced by today’s design and manufacturing sector and gain an in-depth insight into manufacturing operations at a modern high tech facility.
• You will be studying towards a degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electronics/Electrical, Materials), Manufacturing or Physics and working towards achieving a 2:1 or above and looking to complete a summer placement as part of your degree.
• Good analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Be a good team player and also be able to work independently and be self motivated
• Good problem solving and reasoning skills
• Capable of learning and retaining new skills
• A practical and hands on aptitude
What else do you need to know?
SMT has been taking on students for years and they are genuinely valued by all. Doing your internship with us involves a mixture of different work from being at a desk in the office to experimenting in the factories. We have a real sense of pride in all we do and we want you to share this pride. #wearefuturemakers
Job ID: 80603
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time