Siemens CT Lead Research Scientist of Power Electronic System Engineering (Beijing)
For our Corporate Technology (CT) in Beijing, Siemens is looking for a lead research scientist / research scientist of Power Electronics Control System Design at earliest opportunity.
What are my responsibilities?
You will work in a startup-like environment in the Software Defined Inverter (SDI) technology field of CT REE. The SDI technology field is dedicated to research and development on tomorrow’s power converters using the most advanced technologies especially regarding semiconductors, control and software approaches mainly for PCB-based designs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To design control systems for high-frequency switching power electronic systems;
- To implement the control on the target (DSP) system using automatic code generation;
- To test, tune and improve the control in the lab;
- To improve the power circuit together with the system architects and component specialists;
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Master degree or above, PhD preferred, major in a related knowledge domain;
- Fluency in English;
- Above 2 years of experience designing control systems for power electronic systems;
- Programming experience in Matlab;
- Experience with the Simulink simulation environment;
- Experience with power electronics circuit simulation;
Qualifications that would be beneficial:
- Experience with DC/DC converters;
- Experience with grid-tie converters;
- Programming experience in C;
- Experience with automatic code generation;
- DSP and/or FPGA experience;
- Experience with symbolic math solvers like Maple, Mathematica, etc.;
- Experience with modeling loss mechanisms in power electronic systems;
- Semiconductors (IGBTs, Mosfets, etc.);
- Passives (Inductors, capacitors);
- Experience in a research environment;
- German language skills;
We expect you to be proactive, creative and open-minded working in a diverse environment with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
What else do I need to know?
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit – Corporate Technology (CT) – plays an important role in this. Corporate Technology contributes to the Company’s success in many functions, including technology and innovation strategy, research and development, cooperation with universities and start-ups, patents and business excellence.
Officially opened in 2006, Corporate Technology China (CT CN) is the largest innovation branch outside Germany. Many top-notch innovators work in Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuhan, Qingdao and Tianjin. We combine the physical and the virtual worlds through our Core Technology Initiatives and research projects in the areas of data analytics, the Industrial loT, autonomous systems, systems integration, cyber security, etc. We are thus helping the Siemens Business Units turn inventions into successful innovations in the market.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you want know more Siemens job opportunities, please be free to log in our career website www.careers.siemens.com.cn.
Job ID: 80613
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time