Operations Lead / Process Safety Business
At Siemens the Safety Consulting business segment is a leading global consultancy focused on providing process safety related services and products. The business has sales and operations in North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific and serves customers globally.
The Safety Consulting business segment is looking for a Operations Lead to utilize his/her expertise in managing the Safety (SAF) Romanian Operations (to support global SAF business) and CEE business development in the area of process safety, design and analysis, to deliver quality projects to Siemens customers. These projects focus on process safety management with particular emphasis on the area of pressure relief systems.
Your new role – challenging and future – oriented
In the team lead role, the individual is expected to play a dual role of project lead for process safety management projects and team lead for the engineering group. The role with have functional reports from the engineering group and be responsible for conducting monthly 1:1’s and providing performance feedback to the line manager. Internal project time will be allocated to the role based on the responsibilities listed.
- Local supervision and guidance of learning and development plans of team
- Local supervision and guidance of training plans of team
- Local supervision and guidance for goals/target setting of team
- Responsible for work quality of team
- Conduct monthly 1:1’s with team for continuous communication and discussion of targets, learning and development, quality and project status
- Monthly alignment of reporting/meetings with Houston and region project manager
- Workload input to region project management to ensure utilization target of team and alignment of schedule with project manager
- Local support for recruitment process (if necessary)
- Support sales initiatives and business strategy local and in the CEE region
- Support and drive participation and representation in regional industry committees and conferences
Your Qualifications – Solid and Appropriate
- Bachelor’s/Master or PhD degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in a refining or petrochemical operating and/or engineering consulting business environment.
- At least 3 years experience in a managerial and leadership position
- Experience in the area of upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas processes including refining is a plus.
- Demonstrated technical competence in the field of process safety.
- Good knowledge of English language, both writing and speaking – is a must
- Preferred skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and influence teams.
- Proficient in understanding of OSHA &European requirements for Process Safety Management
- Expected travel up to 10% domestically and internationally.
- Driving License.
Job ID: 80639
Organisation: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time